In any field—business, politics, education, government—those in power should be required to step down after five years.

Success in field of business, politics, education and government is mostly defined by the leaders. It is them who serve as a role models for young bloods. It is the leaders who unite the workforce, laydown the policies and encourage people to do excel in their perspective fields. The ideas and judgment of the leaders is not always the same. And most of the times not admired by people. Hence it is their constant duty to keep in touch with the problems in present and accordingly reform themselves. But it has been seen that being in power for a long time, many leaders are not able to cope up with present scenarios and in fact young people and other visionaries possess certain characteristics which might be the need of hour.

There are several factors which are in support of this issue. The leaders who are in power for a long time become orthodox and stubbornly refute to bring changes to policies which might be beneficial. Business models for example need to be updated from time to time by companies to stay ahead in market. But sometimes leaders refuse to bring changes as the limit their vision. But a newly appointed leader will certainly try to do something novel as to prove his worth. People who are in power, after sometime tends to be driven by money and personal welfare rather than general people’s welfare. It is also very much important that worthy people should get chance to act as leader so as to benefit the public by their knowledge and reforms. If same person is in power for a long time, obviously people will lose interest in trite ideas of the leader. Hence it is necessary to have new leaders after sometime to have an overall development.

But experience is a key to succeed and many times it is seen that experience takes away the trophy. Certainly experience is needed to headway in any field. The leaders will learn from past and in future will avoid to make any tentative mistake if done I past. But a neophyte will lack experience and may not be able to act with wits in difficult situations. Pragmatic ways are employed in many fields to solve the problems and prove much better result than other problem solving techniques. For e.g. education policies such as pedagogies may be more effective if employed by taking pros and cons of existing system, which can be done efficiently by an experienced leader.

Though it may seem that an experienced leader may have a better hold on these fields but in order to have all round development certainly new leaders should be welcomed. For e.g. in politics, youth are becoming more involved as compared to previous seen trends. Now for youth change is necessary. Hence it is important that their leader should be someone who understand the meaning of change and welcomes new suggestions. It is only possible if someone dare to experiment, less seen in long time leaders. People who are expert in a field may have different ideas on particular issue and one person’s idea may be better than other’s in some aspect. Hence it is good to enjoy pros of all the ideas turn by turn. In India, a neophyte politician, Arvind Kejriwal influenced so many people by his visions that he defeated 2 term chief minister of Delhi in his first ever election contest. The reason was that people were tired of banal of existing government and were wishing for something original and new. Had leader been changed on regular basis, people would have benefited more by different views of different leaders.

In conclusion, though it may seem a bit weird but change is definitely necessary and so are the leaders. Maximum number of people should be given chance to prove their worth and benefit the general public by their ideas and reforms. Hence people who are in power should step down after 5 years so as to give new people a chance to do something better for people.

Though it may seem that an experienced leader may have a better hold on these fields but in order to have
Description: don't put 'though' 'but' in one sentence.

No. of Words: 674 350 //Write the essay in 30 minutes.