In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement

In any field of endeavor, it is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievements within that field.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Statement maintains that is impossible to make a significant contribution without first being strongly influenced by past achievement within that field. I am disagreeing with this statement. According to me nothing is impossible in this world of certainty. I agree it will take significant contribution, diligent efforts and innovative thinking but it’s not impossible. I also agree that it is easy to make contribution in the field that has some past as compared to completely new field.

First, when zero was invented by Arybhatta, there was no background available. Although it took a decade to arrive to this result and that leads to mathematics. Same when first robot goes to mars, there was no data or background available regarding mars. Only thing available is problem statement that they have to find life outside earth. In addition to that, in today’s market, startups are coming in the unidentified fields to make people life make easier, this is again an example of achieving advancement without knowledge of that field. Although there is risk involve in those but they are flourishing. So there are many more which can prove that without background information people are achieving advancements in those fields.

In addition to that, I admit that there will be an ease in advancement if you have background in it. To start with let’s take above cited example of mars mission. When scientist were able to send robot down to mars, as a result it is now easy to collect data regarding environment of mars and now sending man down to mars is very feasible.

In continuation to that, let’s take business versus startup. Since we know business very well because there is background data available, there is very less risk as compared to startups.

So to conclude, there is nothing in this era which is impossible. Only acceptable truth is that new thing will take time as compared to well proved things. So for making an advancement in completely new field one needs patience and sedulous toward their work.