Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you a

Claim: Imagination is a more valuable asset than experience.
Reason: People who lack experience are free to imagine what is possible without the constraints of established habits and attitudes.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The claim that the imagination is a more valuable asset than experience because people who lack experience would not be limited by existing habits and attitudes is valid to a certain extent. It lacks a consideration of the subconscious, in which people are not always consciously aware of how their background shapes their thoughts, and in turn, their imagination.

Firstly, while people who lack experience are “free” to imagine things outside of convention, they most likely will not do so due to their lack to experience. For example, people who listen to music casually usually are familiar with more common genres of music, and their realm of imagination would actually be restricted by the small repertoire knowledge. On the other hand, an experienced musician would be exposed to a larger variety of music, and in turn, the musician’s creative scope would be wider than the layman. In short, one’s experience can actually expand one’s creative potential.

Secondly, people with more experience can recognize the constraints of established habits and attitudes and in turn challenge those constraints. For example, an artist who was trained to colour within the lines may choose not to for a new aesthetic attitude. Similarly, a goalie who was trained to stay close to the net may choose to leave the penalty box to prevent the incoming opponent from scoring. In these cases, their imagination relies on the understanding that pre-existing ideas can be broken to create new and perhaps more productive results.

In conclusion, people who lack experience are not truly free to imagine the possibilities outside of the established norms. Therefore, imagination relies heavily on one’s experience and the two assets should not be compared separately.

More content wanted.
For issue essays, around 450 words, for argument essays, around 400 words.