Claim Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today Reason We are not able to make connections between current events and past events until we have some distance from both Write a response in which you discuss the extent to w

Claim: Knowing about the past cannot help people to make important decisions today.
Reason: We are not able to make connections between current events and past events until we have some distance from both.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

The present is incumbent on the past. The past of an individual has significant influence on the decisions we make today. Though in order to base the present judgement on the past, one has to determine certain connections between the events. Sometimes the connections take time to manifest yet most of the times the connections are easily deduced. Perhaps even subconsciously. Hence i agree that the past can assist people in making important decisions today.

Firstly the author's reason that no connection can be made between past and current events instantly is not always true....