Claim The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers artists or scientists Reason The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you

Claim: The surest indicator of a great nation is not the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.
Reason: The surest indicator of a great nation is actually the welfare of all its people.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree
with the claim and the reason on which that claim is based.

To recognize a nation as a great one, there should be a collection of criteria met by the nation. Sticking only to one factor cannot conclusively lead us to a nation deserved to name great. The author of the statement above, however, believes that when people have the welfare, then the nation is the great one. Furthermore, the author claims that the surest indicator of a great nation cannot be the achievements of the rulers, artists, or scientists.

To begin with, of course, only having accomplishments of artists, rulers, or scientists cannot suffice to prove the greatness of a nation, beca...

Sentence: To begin with, of course, only having accomplishments of artists, rulers, or scientists cannot suffice to prove the greatness of a nation, because of two reasons: First, the achievements might obtained via an inhuman way which overshadows any merit of it.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by a verb, past participle
Suggestion: Refer to might and obtained