College and university education should be free for all students, fully financed by the government.

Although the author asserts that the governments have to offer scholarships to all students, I do strongly disagree with this claim. In my opinion, providing free education services to all students would vitiate the government resources, and also would undermine the student’s penchant for becoming more educated. Two examples that aptly illustrate these points are provided below.

Doubtless, each society has disparate kinds of necessities and the government has to be responsible for fulfilling them. Just consider how much financial support has to be devoted to the domains of health services, sport clubs, and industry as well. I believe that the most important issue in a society is the individual’s healthy since if we do not have mentally and physically healthy people in our society they would not be able to flourish their dormant talents. So, advocating individual’s health is a crucial factor and an important basis on which an educated society would be built. Governments should have also reinforce sport facilities in a society by dedicating enough financial resources to them since there are many young talented individuals who do not have propensity for higher education, but they have latent intelligence in sports which may develop if government provide suitable ground for it. Another side of the coin, however, relates to fortifying the industry. By reinforcing just the universities, we would not have enough potential workers, and as a result by passing the time educated people would not be able to land a suitable job.

An even more striking example of how dedicating so much financial support to all students adversely affects the society is that, in this way students would not have an inclination for garnering a suitable academic position for themselves. We should always remember that facing difficulties and challenges are necessary for better prospect. According to some experts, in my country, 75 percent of students without financial support showed much better in national entrance exam which strengthen the idea that financial support should be devoted to those special talents who really know the value of education and hardly try for it.

To wrap it up, whether we look for a well-organized society with logical structure in which each facility is in temperance or we wish to have a well- educated society in which just qualified students who really love science take part in important academic positions, offering free educational services to all types of students does not seem reasonable.