Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

The author has suggested a good point of dissuading students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed. No one likes to fail in any of their fields of study because it might affect ones career. So if educational institutions themselves take the responsibility to dissuade students from taking these fields, then it will not lead to discouragement or losing confidence of students. This will also decrease the failure rate of all the educational institutions and will bring satisfaction to the faculty as well. But before we actually implement this in the institutions, we should take all the aspects into consideration. This approach may not be beneficial for all the students.

It may cause problem to students who are opting for a field which is not known to them. So, at the initial phase, it is comparatively hard to predict if they will succeed or fail in that particular field. Without this prior knowledge, deciding whether the student should be dissuaded or allow for the course will be hard not only for the student, but also for the institution. To avoid this, the student should be allowed to take select the field irrespective of the fact that he will succeed or not in that area.

If the approach of dissuading a student from pursuing field of study is followed then it may create problem for students who are initially weak. There might be possibility that after proper training and efforts taken by these students help them to succeed in the fields they were weak at. But if institution is not allowing them to pursue the course since they are weak at first, then they will never be able to succeed in that area. This will lead to lose on students and institution as a whole. This will create a severe problem and will hamper the progress of individuals.

There might be students who are really very keen to study some particular fields but due to lack of training they might not be familiar with the course content. If such students are discouraged to study the course even before trying it then, this will disheartened them. It may lead to losing confidence and might affect the students' future.

Thus, though it might be compelling to let the institutions take the responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed, but it is not convincing decision. Instead of broadening the opportunities for students, it will narrow down the available options. This will not help them to recognize their hidden capabilities. So, any educational should not dissuade student from pursuing any course. Instead, it should encourage more and more students to opt for the courses. This will help not only the students but also the institutions to progress.

Sentence: No one likes to fail in any of their fields of study because it might affect ones career.
Suggestion: Refer to ones and career

though it might be compelling to let the institutions take the responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed, but it is not
Description: don't put 'though' 'but' in one sentence.

it is not convincing decision
it is not a convincing decision