Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and suppo

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

I disagree to a certain extent with the statement that colleges have the responsibility to discourage students from pursuing fields of study in the areas in which there are likely not to succeed in. A carrier choice is a student and family's responsibility. A college can only advice and not choose a carrier path for the students.

Choices of carrier differ from individual to individual. Some choose carrier paths looking at the monitory benefits and not considering other factors. Some choose certain paths because they have a passion in that area. So i believe is up to the student and maybe family members to choose what the want to study. If a student meets the standard qualifications that are required for them to be admitted in that college thus enough evidence that there are likely to succeed.

For colleges to say that the students is unlikely to succeed in the field of choice will be unfair to the student. Some students might not be brilliant but are driven by passion and that can make a student succeed in that area. For a example a certain who had a passion for sawing but had not done any courses on fashion and designing. Today she is known in for the best designs in town. So this lady was passion driven and it turned out to excel in.

However, colleges discouraging students might be advantage in that students would be wasting time and resources doing something that they are likely to fail. For example pursuing a four year degree and fail at the end of the pragramme. You would have wasted your four years and also the money that you have been using to pay for your tuition and support.

In conclusion, a college can only offer advice to a student were necessary and give a student the a choice on which carrier to pursue.

a college can only offer advice to a student were necessary

Sentence: In conclusion, a college can only offer advice to a student were necessary and give a student the a choice on which carrier to pursue.
Description: The token the is not usually followed by an article
Suggestion: Refer to the and a

wrong: carrier correct: career

and the essay is not talking about career success. You changed the topic to:

Educational institutions have a responsibility to dissuade students from pursuing fields of study in which they are unlikely to succeed in career.
-----------------------