The general welfare of a nation’s people is a better indication of that nation’s greatness than are the achievements of its rulers, artists, or scientists.

Who are rulers , artist, or scientists ? They all are the PEOPLE of any nation. So greatness of their is nothing but the greatness of the people of that nation’s themselves. It would not be appropriate assumption if we separate them from mediocre people on the basis of their profession only. However they could use the indication of the nation instead of all arbitrary people who lives in that nation.

For that first of all we need to decide what is mean by general welfare? We have to consider certain concerns for defining it. Let us say standard of living, economy,education,occupation,are one of the standard several concerns to be considered. So if these conditions are well fulfilled by that nation then we could say that it’s general welfare is good.

When we consider aforementioned specific vocations then we do not only take those in consideration, but also other several occupations related to them like government officials, political leaders, professors they implicitly come under the observation. It is seldom seen that when these are (so called) UPPER professions are quite good , ameliorating the nation’s welfare and on the other hand LOW vocations are exasperating it simultaneously.

United States of America is specially known for it’s software firms,electronics products, in medicinal ; if we observe this scenario here ,we can reach to the conclusion that these are the various aspects those supports the economy of the nation ,indeed meliorate it. When Other people understand this they also try to emulate this , so its implications are in fact the proof that by observing the achievements of these professions, nation’s welfare could be indicated.

Dr. A P J Abdul Kalam former President of India, is a elegant scientist . Millions of people in the world inspired by observing his achievements. By reading his autobiography I also admire him . This is the best exemplar of our assumption.

Sentence: So greatness of their is nothing but the greatness of the people of that nation's themselves.
Description: The tag a determiner, possessive is not usually followed by is
Suggestion: Refer to their and is

people who lives in that nation.
people who live in that nation.

that it’s general welfare is good.
that its general welfare is good.

we do not only take those in consideration, but also other several occupations related to them like government officials
Description: Not only...but also is not used properly.

Millions of people in the world inspired by observing his achievements.
Millions of people in the world are inspired by observing his achievements.