Money spent on research is almost always a good investment, even when the results of that research are controversial.

Trying new things for the betterment of human kind is always treated as a good attempt irrespective of the outcome. Research is done not only for the betterment of a human kind but it can also be out of curiosity. The outcome of any research will not be positive in very first attempt.

Taking an instance of an ISRO (Indian Space Research organization) where the organization has failed in some projects, but they succeeded in the following attempts. The facilities that we are enjoying are the result of the attempts and the results. The launching of the satellite by the ISRO might have failed sometimes but the investment made on that was not bad one because, the purpose was good and it was done for a good cause.

The scientist Thomas Alva Edison who invented the bulb was revolutionary one. But he didn’t invent the bulb in the first attempt. The number of attempts that he made was around 1000 odd times. When someone asked him about this, he replied “these were the ways from which we cannot develop the bulb”. And the investment made on that was good one.

It is not always that the outcome of research will fail in the first time. It may be successful in the first attempt itself like the project Mangalyaan by the ISRO is successful and the vehicle is successfully leading its way to the destination. That is the investment made on this was although not very useful to common man, but it was major step in the research field. Therefore the research was not waste.

But the investment made on the research which will not be benefitted for humankind is not as good as previous one. For instance the atom bomb was invented for the protection of the country. But we all witnessed the consequences of bombings in Hiroshima and Nagasaki; which is not at all favored to the mankind.

Majority of the times investing on research is good investment than any investment irrespective of the results.

the investment made on that was not bad one
the investment made on that was not a bad one

Sentence: The scientist Thomas Alva Edison who invented the bulb was revolutionary one.
Sentence: The scientist Thomas Alva Edison who invented the bulb was a revolutionary one.

Sentence: And the investment made on that was good one.
Sentence: And the investment made on that was a good one.

Sentence: Majority of the times investing on research is good investment
Sentence: Majority of the times investing on research is a good investment