People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the pos

People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Decisions, whether minor or major, could alter various aspects of the life. So, in order to make a good decision at any situation, one must go through a series of steps rather than taking a side based on emotion and justify those with logic afterwards. Such qualified logic are heavily influenced and immature. In order to take a decision, one should analyze the situation, list the alternatives and consider each of them and choose the best in that situation.

A decision based on emotion favors only one alternative and tries to focus on the pros of chosen side. This precludes other probably better alternatives from being analyzed. For instance, a student who loves to watch a lot of movies might think Cinematography is a good major for him. The person is emotionally attached with movies and might reason his decision with logic such as he loves to watch movies, so, if he pursue a career in a related field, he would love and succeed in the job. With such influenced decision, the student might not have considered the technical complexities, other alternative majors he might be good at, job availability and competition in the field of his choice, etc.

Emotion based decision are mostly instant and immature. People don't take time to go through possible situation, and spend all the energy in trying to support the chosen side. Though, people could argue that emotion is the result of knowledge and experience of a person, emotion and logical reasoning differ a lot from one another. Emotion only take into account the instant trigger some situation brings to the brain, whereas the logical reasoning process analyzes the alternatives, reason each of them and selects the based one. But, certain personal decisions such as getting married, or choosing a partner should involve both emotion and reasoning.

Decisions we take at every step of life is what makes each people unique. People who take decision only based on their emotion ignores the fundamental process of decision making and could take one side while there are better alternatives to be considered. Though some situation demands both emotional and rational reasoning, people considering only emotion could take heavily influenced and immature decision.

The essay focused only on 'People who make decisions based on emotion' but ignored 'and justify those decisions with logic afterwards'.

---------------------