People who make decisions based on emotion and justify those decisions with logic afterwards are poor decision makers.

Decision-making are one of the most important factors in life. The decisions you make in life may be based sometimes on emotion and the rest of the times on logic. Depending on the circumstance, people need to decide on what they are basing their decision. But once you have made the choice either being logical or emotional, one should not try to find the relation amongst them, i.e. once someone has made a logical decision, he/she shouldn't try to justify it using emotion. I strongly believe in the argument.

As said above, to try and find a link between emotional and logical decision is completely wrong. In very rare cases will you be able to link it. Suppose a person belonging to the middle class family has to chose for an educational institute for his child. He has two options, one being the top ranked private institute with an yearly fee of 100000$ and other being a state aided institute with less fee. If he makes this decision based on emotion, he would put in all his saving's to send his child to the best private institute. It might not be a wrong decision, but when asked, if he tries to give a logical reason for it, with facts is wrong. What if an emergency crops in?

The person above put all his eggs in one basket, and trusted on time for his child to earn and take care of them. But he isn't aware of what is going to happen in future. Hence to justify his decision on logical basis is wrong.

Let us take another instance. A person is going write an exam, and on the way he spots a homeless guy sick. He decides to stop and help the homeless guy. According to him, in his mind he has made an emotional decision. On reaching late to the centre, he explains to examiner trying to give a logical reason for the same. Due to have a conflict in his mind, he is not able to convince him and is not allowed to give his exam.

Hence, believing in your decision is an important aspect of life. The reason why I second the argument is that the person is trying to fool himself. The mind of the person making the decision will always know on what basis he has made the decision. Justifying it using another reason, will decrease his confidence in his own decision and he may not give his 100% ahead. If he stands by what he has thought, he will be in a better position to put in more effort.

Decision-making are one of the most important factors
Decision-making is one of the most important factors