A person's thinking ability is largely influenced by the formal education that he has received

Does formal education in current state restrain our minds and spirits? Is it an obstacle to promoting creativity? On a deep observation and scrutiny the answer will definitely be a yes. The raison d'etre of education is to prepare a child to think intensively and to think critically. A person's thinking ability is largely influenced by the formal education that he has received. Formal education promote cramming of facts and excess of competetion which not only crubs creativity but also lead to stress.

The statement conclude that formal education tends to restrain our minds and spirits. In countries like India, formal education system is too pedantic. Students are required to cram facts rather than be creative. There is also a cut throat competition to get into colleges after school among students. For instance, entrance in exams like IIT JEE and AIEEE acceptance ratio is less than 10%. This only increases the stress level among students. This type of education system leaves no incentive for a student to be creative and explore his interests. Children do not have the freedom to learn aspects that interest them as they are under constant pressure from their parents to get good grades in school.

Moreover, in current education system syllabus tends to be too broad. For example, today an electronics major student has to take up subjects like technical writing and managerial economics. This entails waste of time, loss of interest and digression. If a student is forced to study subjects out of his interests he can never be inventive or imaginative. Many influential and famous people have been dropouts - Zuckerberg, Larry Page, Einstien. Creative people like these dropping out is insinuating towards an education system reform.

However, we do need a formal education system. Every children need guidance and little bit of competition is also imperative in development of a child. Without any education system where every child is free to do anything he or she wishes will only result in chaos. There will be no incentive to study at all. What we need is reformed education system. With the issues discussed above taken care of we can provide education and also promote creativity among children.

In sum, current formal education system is in very bad shape. It do restrains minds and spirits rather than set them free. It is too pedantic and demands an immediate reform.

Sentence: The raison d'etre of education is to prepare a child to think intensively and to think critically.
Error: etre Suggestion: ?
Error: raison Suggestion: ?

Sentence: Formal education promote cramming of facts and excess of competetion which not only crubs creativity but also lead to stress.
Error: competetion Suggestion: competition
Error: crubs Suggestion: No alternate word