Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take.

Society should make efforts to save endangered species only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities.

Write a response in which you discuss your views on the policy and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider the possible consequences of implementing the policy and explain how these consequences shape your position.

Every kind of animal has its own function in the overall ecosystem and humans as a conscious part of ecosystem have to do everything in their power to save all the species. As an old adage goes with power comes responsibility therefore people shall use their intellectual power to help less intelligent beings to survive and develop and by no means should contribute to their demise. The passage above claims that people shall consider saving endangered species only if their extinction is the result of human’s action. I am not entirely agree with the statement as people shall do everything in their power to save endangered species, at the same time not everything is in human’s power and we shall never forget it.

First, people are also ignorant in many ways and unfortunately put a heavy burden on environment by disposing trash and chemicals into rivers and oceans, by digging out way to much of natural resources and not caring about nature preservation. We do not know the full effect of destruction we render to nature, animals and insects. People’s greediness lead to further and further robbery of nature without regard to further generation and consequences to environment. Therefore, it is none to impossible to holistically evaluate the effect of human actions to nature and different species, as scientists simply can not account for all the species that have been affected by damaging human actions. At the present moment we can not escape nature destruction as the whole system set up in this ugly pathetic way thus we have to strive to save all the species.

Second, there are many kinds of animals and insects that used to exist in past and do not exist any longer. People have nothing to do with their extinction as at the time people were at best slightly more intelligent then animals. Dinosaurs and different kinds of ancient birds disappeared due to natural causes, such as change in climate and vegetation patterns. People posed no danger to environment that time and were an integral part of ecosystem. At present time humans can not account for all the animals and especially insects as they appear and disappear without any involvement of humans. Therefore, keeping this premise in mind I have to agree that people can not control all the nature and can not save all the species from extinction as it is not in people’s hands and really none of people’s arrogant business. People shall not consider that they are gods and always remember that we are also part of nature same way as pigs, elks, foxes and any other living beings. Same laws of nature that affect animals affect us and being slightly more reasonable does not mean we can control anything on this planet. We can contribute to planet’s betterment however should not strive for our own gratification only.

As a result, I am just partially agree with the statement above as destructive effect of human’s actions is so huge that we shall strive to save all the endangered species that in our power at the same time we shall never forget that not everything is in our control as we are a part of nature too same as any living being that is born, lives and dies. People shall do all they can to save nature and diminish destructive effect of their action as much as possible.

I am not entirely agree with the statement
I do not entirely agree with the statement

I am just partially agree with the statement
I just partially agree with the statement

The essay is not exactly right on the topic. Read the topic again '...only if the potential extinction of those species is the result of human activities'.

Read this one:
http://testbig.com/gmatgre-essays/some-people-believe-society-should-tr…