Some people believe that government funding of the arts is necessary to ensure that the arts can flourish and be available to all people. Others believe that government funding of the arts threatens the integrity of the arts.Write a response in which you

Art is a way of an artist to express to the world what is unsaid and cannot be explained in simple words. Different nations have different forms of arts and these arts also depict the culture of the nation. Art comes naturally to an artist and he doesn’t require any funding but only his admirers who are his source of inspiration. But in today’s contemporary world where we need a proper source of income for our survival has resulted in many artists giving up their art in order to earn their livings. Therefore, I believe that government funding can help such people and can help art flourish.

Current scenario of our world is making survival of artists more and more difficult. A lot of talented persons have to simply give up on their art in order to have a regular income. For example, from street dance talent to as simple as street magicians all these forms of art if given proper platform and funding by government can flourish and can promote art. Many national level competitions are held funded by government which inspires people to follow their art and take part in such competitions. Many such talents have been groomed and has come to attention worldwide through such initiatives by government. If not for such support from government many artist would have left their art and chosen a different career and this world would have never seen their true talents.

Today, a field of career is judged by its capability to generate income and this is where art loses. It has no regular source of income and this is where the role of government comes into play. If government is providing basic funds to such artists, they can give their full time to their art and not deviate towards any other source of income.

But everything has its downside. A government funding an artist might have some of its own motives behind such investment. An artist may be forced to create something else where his mastery doesn’t lie and this hampers the basic characteristics of art, its purity and freedom. This way the government funding can deviate an artist and can force him on a different path, which would in no way root out the main issue it stood for.

In sum, I would like to conclude that even though government funding has is downside, its benefits outweighs its disadvantages and is kind of necessary in today’ world to promote art.

its benefits outweighs its disadvantages
its benefits outweigh its disadvantages