To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In deve

Society consists of major cities, suburbs and rural villages. The important characteristics of a society for example literacy rate, employment, health and security, population etc. thus we have to consider not only major cities but also suburbs, villages, tribal groups and so on.

Major cities are capital of societies; they are developed and constructed by planning and plotting. But villages are back bone of a Indian society. As in India upto 50% of GDP we get from agriculture for which we are depended on villages. India is also an emerging IT hub. Recently with Indian Prime Ministers motto of “Make in India”. India is also going to emerge as a manufacturing hub in future. Thus for development of country over all we have to take into consideration both major cities as well villages which contribute as a whole in growth of GDP.

Along with GDP as one important characteristic of society, let us take into consideration cultural values into account. Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro is Indians most ancient civilization and a cultural heritage which depicts the cultural values, life style, organization and management of the civilization in ancient times. Taking in consideration of these ancient villages shows us how India has evolved from ancient times. The life style in villages shows us traditional values in villages, living habits and way to life and their norms. These cultural values are still in extant in few tribal nomads and some villages of society but as we look into major cities and suburbs the way of life have evolved to more modern lifestyle and outlook towards life. This adoption of modern culture in cities n traditional culture in villages all together constitutes characteristics of society.

Thus this indicates us that for taken into consideration of various characteristics of society one should consider its major cities which includes modern lifestyle n modern earning methods IT and manufacturing hubs as well as its rural villages and tribal nomads groups which includes traditional cultures and agriculture as their earning methods which contributes most to a nations GDP.

The essay is not about 'the characteristics of a society', but 'the most important characteristics of a society'