To understand the most important characteristics of a society, one must study its major cities.

Society is best described as a place where people from different groups and communities share law, customs and exchange their beliefs and traditions. With the rapid development of the major cities and people coming from different regions, my views are more inclined towards major cities are not the true face of the Society.

People from different country, region, religion migrate to major cities to pursue their career and for personal growth. For example in the city like San Francisco, where majority of the working population is Asian will not be an ideal place for studying the US or Californian culture. City like San Jose which is well known for hub of IT giants like Facebook, Google, Yahoo, etc are densely populated by immigrants following their own customs and traditions.

In India every state and city has their own customs and traditions. Mumbai, identified as a financial capital of India once upon a time was known for its fabric mills and mill workers. But over the time and with globalization, Mumbai lost its true face and now it is known for its high profile lifestyles, Bollywood, McDonalds and first Indian city to have Starbucks. Mumbai welcomes people from different states and cities, celebrates all the festivals right from Diwali, Eid, Chritmas, etc. In city like Mumbai, youth is more influenced by Western culture and life styles. Mumbaikars, who were original residents of Mumbai and now settled miles away from Mumbai unable to keep up with the fast growing and expensive city. So to know about culture of Mumbai and Mumbaikar we should be traveling outside Mumbai.

On the other hand cities like Lucknow which is spared from effect of industrialization and modernization have retained their identity. People here are more concerned about preserving their customs, traditions and temples; distant from this fast growing world. Traditions are passed from one generation to another and are followed religiously. Rural areas are place to go if you want to know about Society, where bullock cart is a source of transportation, home cooked food is given preference over fast food joints, lamps are used to illuminate the home, and water is preferred over soda.

In conclusion, if anyone wants to know about the society it is important to study the places which are not adulterated by the globalization and modernization where importance is given to their traditions rather than competing with the world to stay modernize

my views are more inclined towards major cities are not the true face of the Society.
my views are more inclined towards that major cities are not the true face of the Society.