Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure

Universities should require every student to take a variety of courses outside the student's field of study.

Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the claim. In developing and supporting your position, be sure to address the most compelling reasons and/or examples that could be used to challenge your position.

Different educational systems have diverse requirements on their students. In some countries student can chose different subjects along with their main area, on contrary in others, students are obliged to study according to a state curriculum and they do not have a possibility to choose. While some people agree that students should take more courses outside their field of study, others assert that this requirement is not beneficial to the students since they have already selected their profession. Universities should not force students to study a variety of courses which are not closely related to their field.

First of all, students at universities are young people who has already chosen their main area of interest. They had plenty of time to try different areas during a high school and to decide what they would study. Students are future young professionals and they should focus more on their profession during the four years at college. Soon enough they are going to be experts in a certain field and they should know as much things as possible related to their profession. Requirements from diverse areas not closely related to the main field would just reduce the amount of time and move student's focus on other things. Opponents to this idea can argue that the future experts have to have wide knowledge and that it is impossible to be a true eminence in one field if one do not know anything other. However, student gained more general knowledge during the high school years. For four years at college, they should focus at their own field since they did not have an opportunity to study it so closely.

If universities required from students to take a variety of subjects, it would mean the universities and students should spend more money on education. If students had more classes, they would have to pay more fees and more books for classes they are forced to attend. On the other side, universities can provide additional money to prevent students from paying for required classes. In that case, universities would have to cut costs for other things or to ask a state for additional funding. The opponents can argue the money issue with the fact that the education is one of the most important parts in state's future and that a state should not cut funds on education.

In conclusion, both views have good and bad sides. However, the right to think and to live in agreements with one's own wishes is one of the basic human rights. College students have already chosen their field of study and after four years they would become professionals. This is a short period for getting both a wide knowledge and a deep understanding of one special field, therefore student should focus on the chosen area and should devote their time, money and effort only on that thing.

Sentence: In some countries student can chose different subjects along with their main area, on contrary in others, students are obliged to study according to a state curriculum and they do not have a possibility to choose.
Suggestion: Refer to countries and student

if one do not know anything other.
if one does not know anything