You are hereThe chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where

The chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where

Peng Min's picture

By Peng Min - Posted on 15 May 2013

The chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.
Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The first chart shows the rates of marriage and divorce in America between 1970 and 2000. The second indicates the marital percentage of adult Americans in 1970 and 2000.

It is clear that the number of marriages slide in last two decades, in the other side, the number of divorces climbed at 1980 but fell after that. The highest percentage between 1970 and 2000 are the people, who married.

In 1970, there are 1.5 million distinction between marriages and divorces, which is the highest and lowest form 1970 to 2000.

However, the difference which are only one million happen in 1980 and 2000. The percentages of divorced adult in U.S.A., are about 10%, but the percentages of adult who married in U.S.A. are almost 65% at average, that is a distinction by 55%.

From these two chart we could know that the number of people who never married and who divorced increased infullenced the percentage of married fell about 10% from 1970 to 2000 and the turning point is at 1980, when divorces rates climb and marriages rates remained.