You are hereThe chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where

The chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where

Peng Min's picture

By Peng Min - Posted on 15 May 2013

The chart below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.
Summarise the if formation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The first chart shows the rates of marriage and divorce in America between 1970 and 2000. The second indicates the marital percentage of adult Americans in 1970 and 2000.

It is clear that the number of marriages slide in last two decades, in the other side, the number of divorces climbed at 1980 but fell after that. The highest percentage between 1970 and 2000 are the people, who married.

In 1970, there are 1.5 million distinction between marriages and divorces, which is the highest and lowest form 1970 to 2000.

However, the difference which are only one million happen in 1980 and 2000. The percentages of divorced adult in U.S.A., are about 10%, but the percentages of adult who married in U.S.A. are almost 65% at average, that is a distinction by 55%.

From these two chart we could know that the number of people who never married and who divorced increased infullenced the percentage of married fell about 10% from 1970 to 2000 and the turning point is at 1980, when divorces rates climb and marriages rates remained.

Michaelsal Belgium

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Using a computer everyday can have more negative than positive effects on young children. Do you agree or disagree? give reasons and relevant examples. vkrmsalaria
The only way to reduce the amount of traffic in cities is by reducing the need for people to travel from home for work, education or shopping.To what extent do your agree or disagree. maryam2900
Many university students live with their families while others need to live to live away from home because their universities are in different places. What are the advantages and disadvantages both situations? Tessy James sticky icon
In many countries recently young single people have been living far form their parents, from the time they began studies or work and until the married, Do you think there are more advantages or disadvantages to this trend? kryztn30 sticky icon
The Table and the Bar chart below give information about travelling to work in Houston, Texas. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. ismayanti
q...The diagram below shows the typical stages of consumer goods manufacturing, including the process by which information is fed back to earlier stages to enable adjustment.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the process shown.•You should Tessy James
Some people say that schools do not may enough efforts in teaching young people to look after their health and they add that schools should undertake health education more seriously. Ankit Rathi
Universities should accept numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extent do you agree or disagree? indah_hai
Without capital punishment (the death penalty) our lives are less secure and crimes of violence increase. Capital punishment is essential to control violence in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree? hamedpa
Some people believe that studying at university or college is the best route to a successful career, while others believe that it is to a job straight after school. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Yamin Anggriyaman

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
You and your friend recently went on a holiday together. You have a problem with your photos taken during the holiday. Write a letter to ask your friend for a particular photo and say- What is a problem with your photographs?- Which photo would you like f Rahi
The time table below shows the results of an airline survey in 2011 of economy class male and female travellers of different ages.The members show which groups ranked particular in flight features as the most important.Summarise the information by choosi josnathomas sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

Sentence: However, the difference which are only one million happen in 1980 and 2000.
Description: A numeral, cardinal is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to million and happen

Sentence: From these two chart we could know that the number of people who never married and who divorced increased infullenced the percentage of married fell about 10 from 1970 to 2000 and the turning point is at 1980, when divorces rates climb and marriages rates remained.
Suggestion: It is not logically clear. You may re-write this sentence.

Error: infullenced Suggestion: influenced