You are hereThe charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

maryam2900's picture

By maryam2900 - Posted on 11 November 2012

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.

Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts illustrate information about the levels of participation in education and science of developing countries compare with these levels in industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990. In general, it is clear from the data given that participation in education and science of three levels in industrialized countries were significantly higher than those levels in developing countries in both 1980 and 1990.

The first chart shows that years of schooling in industrialized countries was almost fourfold higher than it in developing countries with just over 8 years compared to 2.5 years in 1980. This gap increased by almost 6.5 years of schooling between industrialized countries and developing countries in 1990.

The second chart illustrates that the number of scientists and technicians increased dramatically from 41 to 70 per 1000 people in industrialized countries while this data for developing countries was just a slight increase during this decade.

More over, the last chart provides information about how much money spent on research and development in developing and industrialized countries. It can be seen that spending on research and development doubled in industrialized countries where increased from 170 Us $ to 340 Us$ billions in 1990. In contrast, developing countries followed inverse pattern where spending on research and development had a slight drop from 70 Us $ billions in 1980 to 40 Us$ billions in 1990.

In conclusion, it is clear that the third chart has a direct relation with two other charts since the amount of spending on research and development lead to increasing the large number of scientists and technicians and rising average years of schooling.