You are hereThe charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

maryam2900's picture

By maryam2900 - Posted on 11 November 2012

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.

Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts illustrate information about the levels of participation in education and science of developing countries compare with these levels in industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990. In general, it is clear from the data given that participation in education and science of three levels in industrialized countries were significantly higher than those levels in developing countries in both 1980 and 1990.

The first chart shows that years of schooling in industrialized countries was almost fourfold higher than it in developing countries with just over 8 years compared to 2.5 years in 1980. This gap increased by almost 6.5 years of schooling between industrialized countries and developing countries in 1990.

The second chart illustrates that the number of scientists and technicians increased dramatically from 41 to 70 per 1000 people in industrialized countries while this data for developing countries was just a slight increase during this decade.

More over, the last chart provides information about how much money spent on research and development in developing and industrialized countries. It can be seen that spending on research and development doubled in industrialized countries where increased from 170 Us $ to 340 Us$ billions in 1990. In contrast, developing countries followed inverse pattern where spending on research and development had a slight drop from 70 Us $ billions in 1980 to 40 Us$ billions in 1990.

In conclusion, it is clear that the third chart has a direct relation with two other charts since the amount of spending on research and development lead to increasing the large number of scientists and technicians and rising average years of schooling.

hould Wealthy Nations Be Required to Share Their Wealth Among Poorer Nations by Providing Such Things as Food and Education? or Is It the Responsibility of the Governments of Poorer Countries to Look After Their Citizens Themselves? kamran7
keeping animals in captivity is cruel. there is no reason for zoos to exist in the 21st century. how do you agree or disagree with this opinion? ririn
The chart below show information about honey-bee colonies and honey production in the US. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparison where relevant. Dhani Aristya
Animals are used by humans for profit in many ways. However, some people don’t agree with this use of animals. Discuss both of these views and give your own opinion. Azizkhan sticky icon
People are living longer than ever before. At the same time, the young population is declining while the number of old people is rising. Will this development be a benefit for the society? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having more old peopl marzieh
Is an ambition is positive or negative? Discuss both views. Dimas Handoko Dj
The charts A and B show the share of the UK and Australian cinema market in 2001 and cinema admission in the UK and Australia from 1976 to 2006.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.You should write at least 150 wo Jittip
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician. Discuss both these view dido272000
IELTS essay:Damage to environment is an inevitable consequence of the improvement in the standard of living. To what degree do you agree or disagree to this position? essayking sticky icon
Research indicates that the characteristics we are born with have much more influence on our personality and development than any experiences we may have in our life.Which do you consider to be the major influence? wibby.aldryani

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Using a computer every day can have more negative than positive effects on your children.Do you agree or disagree? marzieh
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with? Use specific reasons and examples to support your eddysuaib sticky icon
Do good exam results at school or college guarantee success in life?Discuss the advantages that a good education can have on your future.Do you believe that studying hard will bring a better life? (REWRITE) eddysuaib
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

You may remove 'it is clear...'.