You are hereThe charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

maryam2900's picture

By maryam2900 - Posted on 11 November 2012

The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.

Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.

The charts illustrate information about the levels of participation in education and science of developing countries compare with these levels in industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990. In general, it is clear from the data given that participation in education and science of three levels in industrialized countries were significantly higher than those levels in developing countries in both 1980 and 1990.

The first chart shows that years of schooling in industrialized countries was almost fourfold higher than it in developing countries with just over 8 years compared to 2.5 years in 1980. This gap increased by almost 6.5 years of schooling between industrialized countries and developing countries in 1990.

The second chart illustrates that the number of scientists and technicians increased dramatically from 41 to 70 per 1000 people in industrialized countries while this data for developing countries was just a slight increase during this decade.

More over, the last chart provides information about how much money spent on research and development in developing and industrialized countries. It can be seen that spending on research and development doubled in industrialized countries where increased from 170 Us $ to 340 Us$ billions in 1990. In contrast, developing countries followed inverse pattern where spending on research and development had a slight drop from 70 Us $ billions in 1980 to 40 Us$ billions in 1990.

In conclusion, it is clear that the third chart has a direct relation with two other charts since the amount of spending on research and development lead to increasing the large number of scientists and technicians and rising average years of schooling.

Some say that people living in high-rise apartments are lonely and unhappy, while others say that it’s advantageous to stay in high-rise apartments. Discuss advantages and disadvantages. Give your opinion. Tessy James sticky icon
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
IELTS essay:Scientists use living animal to carry our research. Some people think it is interesting, while some other people think it is cruel. What do you think? essayking
Despite the warnings, a large number of people continue to smoke all over the world.Why should we be concerned about this?What solutions would you suggest? Ramdhan Hidayat2
Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information in the two graphs below.-You should write at least 150 words.-Allow yourself 20 minutes for this task. Rita Irianti
In some countries it is illegal for companies to reject job applicants for their age. Is it positive or negative to the development? padma kumari
Compare the advantages and disadvantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.• comics• books• radio• television• film• theatreGive reasons for your answer and include any rele D O N
Nowadays doctors can become very rich. Maybe they should not focus on profitable activities such as plastic surgery or looking after rich patients and concentrate more on patients health, no matter how rich they are? sarwarfatima
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 nad 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comp mrmo2610 sticky icon
Should children be taught sex education at school? aulia rahman

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Even though globalization affects the world’s economics in a very positive way, its negative side shouldn’t be forgotten. Discuss. Mubariz
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

You may remove 'it is clear...'.