Essay topics: The charts below show the levels of participation in education and science in developing countries and industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990.
Write a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below.
The charts illustrate information about the levels of participation in education and science of developing countries compare with these levels in industrialized countries in 1980 and 1990. In general, it is clear from the data given that participation in education and science of three levels in industrialized countries were significantly higher than those levels in developing countries in both 1980 and 1990.
The first chart shows that years of schooling in industrialized countries was almost fourfold higher than it in developing countries with just over 8 years compared to 2.5 years in 1980. This gap increased by almost 6.5 years of schooling between industrialized countries and developing countries in 1990.
The second chart illustrates that the number of scientists and technicians increased dramatically from 41 to 70 per 1000 people in industrialized countries while this data for developing countries was just a slight increase during this decade.
More over, the last chart provides information about how much money spent on research and development in developing and industrialized countries. It can be seen that spending on research and development doubled in industrialized countries where increased from 170 Us $ to 340 Us$ billions in 1990. In contrast, developing countries followed inverse pattern where spending on research and development had a slight drop from 70 Us $ billions in 1980 to 40 Us$ billions in 1990.
In conclusion, it is clear that the third chart has a direct relation with two other charts since the amount of spending on research and development lead to increasing the large number of scientists and technicians and rising average years of schooling.
- Because the world is changing so quickly, people now are less happy or less satisfied with their lives than people were in the past.
- Integrated tpo
- Parents today are more involved in their children’s education than were parents in the past.
- Integrated, TPO 25
- It is better for children to choose jobs that are similar to their parents’ jobs than to choose jobs that are very different from their parents’ jobs. Agree or disagree?
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? One of the best ways that parents can help their teenage children prepare for adult life is to encourage them to take a part-time job.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.
- agree or disagree: Teachers should not make their political or social views know to students in classroom.
- Agree or disagree?Successful persons try new things and taking risks, rather than only doing things and what already know how to do well.
- Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news resources.