You are herechildren and leisure activities

children and leisure activities

DOLLY's picture

By DOLLY - Posted on 03 September 2011

Q)Children’s leisure activities must entirely be educational.To what extent do you agree or disagree?Substantiate your views with examples.(B gud text book)

We live in the world of cut-throat competition.Most of the people tend to believe that ,children must be taught even through recess activities but some have a contrary view.This essay is an attempt to analyze whether free time activities can wholly be educational or not

To begin with,there are people who claim that the recess activities must be fully educational.They think that children get a lot of free time and it must be channelized to do various educational activities in order to equip themselves with the rising demands of modern society.moreover they also feel that children learn easily through recreational activities and they arouse children’s curiosity.

On the other hand,I tend to believe that young minds should not be burdened by diverting their enjoyable activities to be educational.Learning is always a progressive activity and must be instilled gradually.Otherwise kids could easily be overwhelmed and worn-out ,eventually learning would be like a nightmare for them.In addition children must be encouraged to refresh and recharge themselves to study further as learning with a fresh mind would enable them to grasp easily rather than doing the same wiyh tiresome mind and body.Further more teaching young students with various activities during the class or study hours is better than stealing time from their leisure period.

To recapitulate,although children easily learn by doing innovative leisure activities I tend to opine that they must be left freely to engage in activities they really like rather than pressurizing them to involve in educational activities.

The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Naela Mustika K...
A healthy person is often described as someone who has a good diet, gets lots of exercise and avoids stress.What should people do to stay healthy in your country?Give reasons for your answers and include any relevant examples fomr your own knowledge or ex subodh860 sticky icon
The pie charts below show how dangerous waste products are dealt with in three countries.Summarise the imformation by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. andaihiep
To what extant do you think consumers are influenced by advertisements? What measures do you think can protect them? Muh Septian Pahlevi
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, it is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discus both these views helia123
People who watch a lot of violent television programs will find that this influences their behaviour when they are angry or upset. Do you agree? suman sharma
The information shows the ratio of dissimilar categories of families living in deprivation in Australia in 2000Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information below.• You should write at least 150 words.• You should spend about 20 minu Hera Bugis Indina
Universities should accept equal numbers of male and female students in every subject. To what extend do you agree or disagree? Do Van Trai sticky icon
Modern forms of communication such as email and messaging have reduced the amount of time people spend seeing their friends. This has had a negative effect on their social lives.What extent do you agree or disagree? Give reasons for your answer and includ eddysuaib
Most of the big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and examples. parastoo_az

Nowadays an increasingnumber of people changetheir career and place ofresidence several times duringtheir life. Is this a positive ora negative development? Justin
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
You are not happy with the course you are doing at college and would like to change to a different course. Write a letter to the college director requesting to change your course. You should include details about:- what course are you doing now- why you a bwosti
some parent believe that watching and paying computer games should be limited and subtitled by reading books.do you agree or disagree? rahele
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view. marzieh
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
IELTS essay: the advantages and disadvantages of pocket money essayking

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status carmela6
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Hi DOLLY, you wrote a great IELTS essay. Sentences are polished and ideas are supported very well.

if you can put a little bit more words, the essay will be perfect.

You can get around 8.0 out of 9.0.