You are herechildren and leisure activities

children and leisure activities

DOLLY's picture

By DOLLY - Posted on 03 September 2011

Q)Children’s leisure activities must entirely be educational.To what extent do you agree or disagree?Substantiate your views with examples.(B gud text book)

We live in the world of cut-throat competition.Most of the people tend to believe that ,children must be taught even through recess activities but some have a contrary view.This essay is an attempt to analyze whether free time activities can wholly be educational or not

To begin with,there are people who claim that the recess activities must be fully educational.They think that children get a lot of free time and it must be channelized to do various educational activities in order to equip themselves with the rising demands of modern society.moreover they also feel that children learn easily through recreational activities and they arouse children’s curiosity.

On the other hand,I tend to believe that young minds should not be burdened by diverting their enjoyable activities to be educational.Learning is always a progressive activity and must be instilled gradually.Otherwise kids could easily be overwhelmed and worn-out ,eventually learning would be like a nightmare for them.In addition children must be encouraged to refresh and recharge themselves to study further as learning with a fresh mind would enable them to grasp easily rather than doing the same wiyh tiresome mind and body.Further more teaching young students with various activities during the class or study hours is better than stealing time from their leisure period.

To recapitulate,although children easily learn by doing innovative leisure activities I tend to opine that they must be left freely to engage in activities they really like rather than pressurizing them to involve in educational activities.

There is a public event coming up in your town. Write a letter to your friend who you think would be interested to take part in it. In your letter- Describe the event.- Say why you think he/she would be interested.- Suggest an arrangement to meet there wi marzieh
Explain some of the ways in which humans are damaging the environment. What can governments do to address these problems? What can individual people do? bahruz
The first chart below shows the resuluts of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98, The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. fialka
Hydro-electric Power Generation indah_hai
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kiinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004.Summerise the information bu selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison where relevant. Lalayev
Some people think that animals should be kept in zoos. While others think the forest are the best for them. Discuss and give your opinion? Amritpal
The information shows the ratio of dissimilar categories of families living in deprivation in Australia in 2000Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information below.• You should write at least 150 words.• You should spend about 20 minu Hera Bugis Indina
Today, high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree. fialka
you have to read in your local newspaper that there has been an increase in the amount of crime committed by young people.Write a letter to the newspaper. In your letter* explain what crimes are common in your area* say why you think young people are comm Wajdiyyah Ridwan
In some countries young people are encouraged to work or travel for a year between finishing high school and starting universities studies.Discuss the advantages and disadvantages for young people who decide to do this. nesdia

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
The table and the bar chart below give information about traveling to work in Houston, Texas.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. eddysuaib
Some Experts Believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at Primary School rather than Secondary School septi

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Hi DOLLY, you wrote a great IELTS essay. Sentences are polished and ideas are supported very well.

if you can put a little bit more words, the essay will be perfect.

You can get around 8.0 out of 9.0.