Due to the new technologies and the internet, radio is going to disappear in a few years. Do you agree or disagree with the statement? Give you own opinion.

No-one can deny that technological advancements have considerably revolutionized much of our daily lives. This change can be seen in the way of listening to the radio. In fact, some people claim that radio will be completely removed from our lives in the near future. However, I do not agree with this view, even though I do agree that the usage of radio is dramatically declining.

It is obvious that visual features of the internet and television appeal to individuals, however in some situations people may prefer to listen to radio programmes. For instance, some students may listen to them rather than watching television while studying because this act would not disturb their studies.

Another reason is that radio is always reinventing itself, and continues to maintain its place in new technological devices. With the advanced technology, nowadays we can listen to a radio station on the internet, television, or mobile phones. Therefore, it is highly possible that we will also listen to radio stations in the future.

The most important reason for my decision is that radio provides its audiences with an opportunity to listen it while doing other activities. For example, we cannot watch television or surf the internet while driving, but we can listen to a radio programme.

In conclusion, radio might be an old technology but it is always modernizing in new technological devices, and also it can be useful in some situations such as driving and studying. Hence, I believe that radio will continue to exist in the next centuries.

More words wanted to get higher marks.