You are hereEvery year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

240813's picture

By 240813 - Posted on 18 August 2013

Nowadays, there are fewer and fewer languages start to remain all around the world. Because, some languages began disappearing as their speakers are dying. Meanwhile, some people consider to think, that life will be easier as several languages die out. I have got two points of view on this statement.

First of all, I agree with the opinion, because, if some languages vanish, there will remain only few and people may speak on them. One of the positive aspects of the statement above is that people could make conversations with other foreigners easily. In other words, they wouldn’t have any language barriers and could speak about whatever they want. Moreover, there will be no need to learn many various languages in order to get a great job. Furthermore, life can be easier, if all these things will happen.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with the idea, that several languages should die out to make lifes of the people easier than they used to have. One of the negative aspects of it, is that people will stop visiting other countries. As a result, the economy of those foreign countries will decrease. Besides this, people will lose any interest in learning different languages as they will not have so many choices to do. Following this, culture of those nations, whose languages are dead, will destroy.

It is obvious when looking at all these positive and negative aspects to not agree with the opinion above.