You are hereEvery year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

240813's picture

By 240813 - Posted on 18 August 2013

Nowadays, there are fewer and fewer languages start to remain all around the world. Because, some languages began disappearing as their speakers are dying. Meanwhile, some people consider to think, that life will be easier as several languages die out. I have got two points of view on this statement.

First of all, I agree with the opinion, because, if some languages vanish, there will remain only few and people may speak on them. One of the positive aspects of the statement above is that people could make conversations with other foreigners easily. In other words, they wouldn’t have any language barriers and could speak about whatever they want. Moreover, there will be no need to learn many various languages in order to get a great job. Furthermore, life can be easier, if all these things will happen.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with the idea, that several languages should die out to make lifes of the people easier than they used to have. One of the negative aspects of it, is that people will stop visiting other countries. As a result, the economy of those foreign countries will decrease. Besides this, people will lose any interest in learning different languages as they will not have so many choices to do. Following this, culture of those nations, whose languages are dead, will destroy.

It is obvious when looking at all these positive and negative aspects to not agree with the opinion above.

N.sethumad khammam

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Some people think men and women have different natural abilities that make them suitable for different types of work. Others, however, believe that both men and women can be equally suited to do any type of work. Discuss both views and give your own opini Sabee
Graphs of sources of world and local news in UK since 1987 until 1997 rizqifahma
the two maps below show an island before and after the construction of some tourist facilities dido272000
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways technology affected the types of relationships people make?Has this become a positive or negative development? dirgh2002 sticky icon
In many countries where capital punishment has been abolished there has been a corresponding rise in violent crime rates. For this reason, many governments are considering its reintroduction as a form of deterrent. Should Capital Punishment be re-introduc mrmo2610
The graph below shows the consumption of fish and some different kinds of meat in a European country between 1979 and 2004. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Mita Puspasari
Education of Indonesia asmafach
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1970 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where MisterWandering sticky icon
IELTS essay:My friendship natasha
The diagram about why people move from villages to big cities. Write 150 words. tiads

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the percentage change in the number of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006. lambda IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Minimum 250 words wanted.

Your problem is the writing style. Read essays by top users and check out how they develop essays:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sfaht1
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james
http://www.testbig.com/users/mrmo2610
http://www.testbig.com/users/nader
http://www.testbig.com/users/subodh860
http://www.testbig.com/users/azizkhan
http://www.testbig.com/users/newuser
http://www.testbig.com/users/misterwandering
http://www.testbig.com/users/elaine-10
http://www.testbig.com/users/habiba

and more:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts