You are hereEvery year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

240813's picture

By 240813 - Posted on 18 August 2013

Nowadays, there are fewer and fewer languages start to remain all around the world. Because, some languages began disappearing as their speakers are dying. Meanwhile, some people consider to think, that life will be easier as several languages die out. I have got two points of view on this statement.

First of all, I agree with the opinion, because, if some languages vanish, there will remain only few and people may speak on them. One of the positive aspects of the statement above is that people could make conversations with other foreigners easily. In other words, they wouldn’t have any language barriers and could speak about whatever they want. Moreover, there will be no need to learn many various languages in order to get a great job. Furthermore, life can be easier, if all these things will happen.

On the other hand, I strongly disagree with the idea, that several languages should die out to make lifes of the people easier than they used to have. One of the negative aspects of it, is that people will stop visiting other countries. As a result, the economy of those foreign countries will decrease. Besides this, people will lose any interest in learning different languages as they will not have so many choices to do. Following this, culture of those nations, whose languages are dead, will destroy.

It is obvious when looking at all these positive and negative aspects to not agree with the opinion above.

tuposwmv france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

harry india

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Ekhlas US / Iraq

The graphs below show the post-school qualifications held by Australians in the age groups 25 to 34 and 55 to 69. naresh dubaka
The pie charts below show the average household expenditures in a country in 1950 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant habiba
How To Be A Beautiful Like Korean Girls edgar pandu putra
IELTS TASK2 ESSAY - Crime is nearly always related to the environment in which it occurs. For this reason, international laws and international law courts are unrealistic and will not succeed in reducing crime levels in different countries. Discuss both v devabe2005
Some people believe that hobbies need to be difficult to be enjoyable. To what extent do you agree or disagree? Tessy James
Children today are not as fit and healthy as in the past. Discuss the causes for this situation with relevant examples and give your opinion on possible solutions. sachin0312 sticky icon
the graph below shows the average growth in domestic products in wealthy countries, countries that have adopted a global approach to business and countries that have not.write a report for university lecturer describing the information below dido272000 sticky icon
You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letter•introduce yourself•explain what sort of job you would like•and say what experience and skills you have marzieh
Some people think that it is better to educate boys and girls in separate schools. Others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools.Discuss both these views and five your own opinion pip depp b
As mass communication and transport continue to grow, societies are becoming more and more alike leading to a phenomenon known as globalization. Some people fear that globalization will inevitably lead to the total loss of cultural identity.To what extent maryam2900

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Is talent show a good method of finding talented people or just an entertainment? (rewrite) eddysuaib
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. hamedpa
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee

The chart below show the main reasons for study among students of different age groups and the amount of support they received from employers. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features,and make comparison where relevant. SahinRza
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
Nowadays, some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have the time to do other things. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Seasky
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon

The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

Minimum 250 words wanted.

Your problem is the writing style. Read essays by top users and check out how they develop essays:
http://www.testbig.com/users/sfaht1
http://www.testbig.com/users/tessy-james
http://www.testbig.com/users/mrmo2610
http://www.testbig.com/users/nader
http://www.testbig.com/users/subodh860
http://www.testbig.com/users/azizkhan
http://www.testbig.com/users/newuser
http://www.testbig.com/users/misterwandering
http://www.testbig.com/users/elaine-10
http://www.testbig.com/users/habiba

and more:
http://www.testbig.com/essay-categories/ielts