Essay topics: Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.
To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Although we even ignore their existence, every year in the world we lose several languages. Many people believe that this loss is not big enough for us to be concerned about as everyone's is going to take advantage of fewer languages in terms of simplicity. However, I do not agree with this thought for two main reasons.
The first reason is that by losing a language we lose much more than what we think. We lose history, traditions, uses and every single thing of the population who used to speak that language. What would it happen if we had lost Latin language for instance? We would not have read about the wars and the fights of Cicerone and we would not have had any information about how they used to live their lives, how they would organize themselves at that time neither information on their social lives.
The other aspect I believe should be considered, is that by losing a language we are not going to make our lives easier but just poorer. It is obviously not even thinkable to learn some languages in the world, first because I guess most of them are spoken by a very few people such as tribes or indigenous people, second because whoever approaches a new language does it with specific purposes. However, it is still a thought by most that the best way to enrich our lives, open our minds and understand others can be reached by communications and therefore learning each other's language.
In conclusion, I strongly believe we will not have an easier life by letting some languages disappear but on the contrary, we should take some measures to preserve them as much as we can.
|Post date||Users||Rates||More about the essay|
|6 months 3 weeks ago||ghbaroumand||60||Read full essay|
|11 months 1 week ago||arirozyr14||73.33329999999999||Read full essay|
|1 year 1 month ago||sasanghomi||72.7273||Read full essay|
|1 year 5 months ago||lumika||68.1818||Read full essay|
|1 year 10 months ago||hamedpa||65.8621||Read full essay|
|2 years 1 month ago||zaur-aliyev-198...||66.25||Read full essay|
|2 years 3 months ago||muhammadrezkihr||68.088200000000001||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||aaariel.wu||54.6667||Read full essay|
|2 years 4 months ago||gollu||70.625||Read full essay|
|2 years 10 months ago||mandy19.2q||64.7059||Read full essay|
- The graph below gives information about international tourist arrivals in five countries. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (90)
- The chart below shows the total number of minutes (in millions) of telephone calls in Finland, divided into three categories, from 1995 – 2004. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (80)
- There are many different types of music in the world today. Why do we need music? Is the traditional music of a country more important than the International music that is heard everywhere nowadays? (80)
- Machine translator (MT) is slower and less accurate than human translation and there is no immediate or predictable likelihood of machines taking over this role from humans.Do you agree or disagree? (90)
- A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honor, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (95)
- With recent developments in technology like e-books, some people feel that printed media like books, newspapers and magazines will soon be a thing of the past.Other feel that these form of media will never disappear.What is your opinion? (71.25)
- The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy.The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages.Do you agree or disagree? (66.5217)
- Today, the high sales of the popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? (95)
- Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? (65.31910000000001)