You are hereThe first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

Azizkhan Nightshade's picture

By Azizkhan Nightshade - Posted on 05 November 2013

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

According to statistical Information, the main reason for traveling abroad is holidays, business, and visits to friends and relatives. Indeed, there is a steady increase in the number of holiday makers; while in 1996 there were about 17,896 of the sample in 1998 there were 20,700 of them. Moreover, with the Introduction of more countries within the EC market, travelling for business has also increased.

Although there is not a big decrement 3,957 traveled abroad for business during \998> compared with 3,249 in 1996. Finally, traveling abroad for visiting friends and relatives shows a steady Increase over the period 1994—1998. While there were about 2,628 travelers in 1995 in 1998 the number increased to 3,181 in 1998. Consequently, there is a steady increase in three main reasons for travelling abroad; Holidays, business, or to visit relatives and friends.

In addition, there is also an Increased change in the destinations which people tend to prefer for travelling. The area which appear to be more popular among travellers is Western Europe. Indeed, while in 1994 only 19,371 of the sample preferred to spend their holiday (or other reasons) in that main region, there was an increase to 24,519 in 1998.

North America and other areas appeared also favourable. In 1996, there were 1,167 going to North America and 1,905 to other areas. These numbers increased to 1,823 and 2,486 accordingly. Statistical figures prove that Western Europe seems to be the most favourable place for holiday makers while North America and other areas follow behind.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Hamidyday Libyan Ara

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

The tables below give information about the amount of beer and fruit juice consumed per person per year in different countries.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.http://www.ielts-exa Umb221
Terrorism is the biggest menace the world face today.Discuss causes and solutions of this problems. surjeet singh
Dieting can change a person’s life for the better orruins one’s health completely. What is your opinion? jackykeizen@gma...
name the advantages of three of the following as media for communicating information. State which you consider to be the most effective.comic- books- radio- television- film- theatre- ariel1984
Some people see that university education is essential for successful life, while other don’t find it true. Discuss both the views and give your opinion maryam2900
The table below gives information on consumer spending on different items in five different countries in 2002. fialka
The tables and pie chart show in percentage terms of the results of a survey of a new shopping complex in Auckland, New Zealand. Dilbar
Some people think a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. monday1692
5.Many people decide on a career path early in their lives and keep to it. This, they argue, leads to a more satisfying working life. To what extent do you agree with this view? What other things can people do in order to have a satisfying working life? Guru sticky icon
Is hard work the key to success or is talent also important? anita mustikasari

Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australiaand France in 1980 and 2000. (Part 1) eddysuaib sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Is freedom of speech necessary in a free society?Give reasons for your answer.Write at least 250 words.(Question from: http://www.ielts-exam.net/ielts_writing_samples_task_2/728/) Jittip
You are an international student and have borrowed a book from the local public library.You left the book on a bus and when you contacted the bus company, they could not find it.Write a letter to the librarian explaining the situation and asking what you eddysuaib sticky icon
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, eddysuaib sticky icon
Male and female fitness membership -Syerapke- (overwrite) eddysuaib
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.You are looking for a part-time job.Write a letter to an employment agency. In your letterintroduce yourselfexplain what sort of job you would likeand say what experience and skills you haveWrite at least 150 eddysuaib
You have recently heard that a friend of yours has had some problems as a result of some unusual weather. Write a letter to your friend.In your letterexpress concern (i.e. say you are sorry to hear what has happened)tell them about a similar experience th eddysuaib sticky icon

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon

This is task I not task II. Just write something according to the graphs.