You are hereThe first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

Azizkhan Nightshade's picture

By Azizkhan Nightshade - Posted on 05 November 2013

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

According to statistical Information, the main reason for traveling abroad is holidays, business, and visits to friends and relatives. Indeed, there is a steady increase in the number of holiday makers; while in 1996 there were about 17,896 of the sample in 1998 there were 20,700 of them. Moreover, with the Introduction of more countries within the EC market, travelling for business has also increased.

Although there is not a big decrement 3,957 traveled abroad for business during \998> compared with 3,249 in 1996. Finally, traveling abroad for visiting friends and relatives shows a steady Increase over the period 1994—1998. While there were about 2,628 travelers in 1995 in 1998 the number increased to 3,181 in 1998. Consequently, there is a steady increase in three main reasons for travelling abroad; Holidays, business, or to visit relatives and friends.

In addition, there is also an Increased change in the destinations which people tend to prefer for travelling. The area which appear to be more popular among travellers is Western Europe. Indeed, while in 1994 only 19,371 of the sample preferred to spend their holiday (or other reasons) in that main region, there was an increase to 24,519 in 1998.

North America and other areas appeared also favourable. In 1996, there were 1,167 going to North America and 1,905 to other areas. These numbers increased to 1,823 and 2,486 accordingly. Statistical figures prove that Western Europe seems to be the most favourable place for holiday makers while North America and other areas follow behind.