You are hereThe first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period. Write a repo

Azizkhan Nightshade's picture

By Azizkhan Nightshade - Posted on 05 November 2013

The first chart below shows the results of a survey which sampled a cross-section of 100,000 people asking if they travelled abroad and why they travelled for the period 1994-98. The second chart shows their destinations over the same period.

Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below.

According to statistical Information, the main reason for traveling abroad is holidays, business, and visits to friends and relatives. Indeed, there is a steady increase in the number of holiday makers; while in 1996 there were about 17,896 of the sample in 1998 there were 20,700 of them. Moreover, with the Introduction of more countries within the EC market, travelling for business has also increased.

Although there is not a big decrement 3,957 traveled abroad for business during \998> compared with 3,249 in 1996. Finally, traveling abroad for visiting friends and relatives shows a steady Increase over the period 1994—1998. While there were about 2,628 travelers in 1995 in 1998 the number increased to 3,181 in 1998. Consequently, there is a steady increase in three main reasons for travelling abroad; Holidays, business, or to visit relatives and friends.

In addition, there is also an Increased change in the destinations which people tend to prefer for travelling. The area which appear to be more popular among travellers is Western Europe. Indeed, while in 1994 only 19,371 of the sample preferred to spend their holiday (or other reasons) in that main region, there was an increase to 24,519 in 1998.

North America and other areas appeared also favourable. In 1996, there were 1,167 going to North America and 1,905 to other areas. These numbers increased to 1,823 and 2,486 accordingly. Statistical figures prove that Western Europe seems to be the most favourable place for holiday makers while North America and other areas follow behind.

Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm Dilbar
Water resources around the world are falling deficient. Analyse the possible reasons and provide your suggestions. MisterWandering sticky icon
Compare modern shopping centers to local markets and shops. What way of shopping has more advantages for the people and the society indra13
In some countries, governments are encouraging industries and businesses to move out of large cities and into regional areas. Do you think advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages? jingjing sticky icon
In many countries schools have severe problems with student behaviour. what do you think are the causes of this? What solutions can you suggest? asylzhan
The chart below show the main reason for study among students of different age groups and the amount of supprot they received from employers. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant roseyellow
Sample IELTS speaking: family (children) essayking
Lectures were the traditional way to teach large number of students in the past. Now new technology is being used to teach students. Is it a positive or negative development? irfan.saputra
It has been said, "Not every thing that is learned is contained in books." Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gainde from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why? sfaht1 sticky icon
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. marzieh

A friend of yours is going on a holiday and has asked you to recommend a destination.Write a letter to your friend and recommend a good place for a holiday that you have visited before. Say where you went, where you stayed, what you can do there and what Eric john sticky icon
The diagram below shows the production of steam using a gas cooled nuclear reactor Lê Kim Kiều Anh
some expert believe that it is better for children to begin learning foreign language at primary school rather than secondary school ifhaa
One of your friends is planning to visit your country and asking you for some information. Write a letter to him/her and say- When the best period to visit your country is- suggest a plan for the travel- recommend places to visit in your country marzieh
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Some people think that the sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss dido272000
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Naela Mustika K...
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
The chart below shows male and female fitness membership between 1970 and 2000.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.(Study Sample) eddysuaib

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
A governemnts role is only to provide defence capability and urban infrastructure, such as roads, water and power. All other services such as education, health and social security should be provided by private groups or indviduals in the community? To wh satyakrishna23
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Smoking not only harms the smoker but also those who are nearby. Therefore, smoking should be banned in public places. To what extent do you agree or disagree? codeblue
A letter:You are a university student living in on-campus accommodation. You are having some problems with the internet connection in your room. Write to the supervisor of your residence,in your letter:introduce yourselfinform him/her of the situationrequ bwosti
Every year several languages die out. Some people think this is not important because life will be easier if there are a fewer languages in the world.To what extend do you agree with this opinion? yas
The graphs below give information about computer ownership as a percentage of the population between 2002 and 2010, and by level of education for the years 2002 and 2010. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make c xaida sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Will computers replace teachers in classrooms?As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom. parya mirjani sticky icon

This is task I not task II. Just write something according to the graphs.