The graph below shows the demand for electricity in England during typical days in winter and summer. The pie chart shows how electricity is used in an average English home. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make

The graph below shows the demand for electricity in England during typical days in winter and summer. The pie chart shows how electricity is used in an average English home.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. (Cambridge IELTS 4, page 54)

The line graph compares the daily consumption of electricity in England in two different seasons, winter and summer. The pie chart provides information about how electricity is consumed in a typical English household.

It is noticeable that the largest demand for electricity is during the coldest months of the year, and this consumption is double if compared with the one in summer. Furthermore, the largest proportion of power consumed by English families, 52,5%, is used to heat rooms and water.

The daily consumption of electricity during winter fluctuates between 30000 units in morning ho...