IELTS ESSAY- IS SPACE EXPLORATION BENEFICIAL TO MAN

QUESTION:In the last century, the first man walking on the moon said: “It is a big step for mankind”. However, some people think it makes little difference to our daily lives. How far do you agree?

Space exploration, one of the most controversial issues of today, has expanded mans’ frontier of science. Though, some people believe it has done significant improvement in human life, others view it as waste of huge amount of money. This essay would substantiate the view how exploring the space has benefited human race.

The most crucial out of all advantages of space travel is that it offers mankind with obstacles. Challenges always fascinate men to overcome it, and this in turn leads to many new innovations. For instance, it was this curiosity which led man to land his feet on moon; and which made millions of people around the globe proud. Next, the information that man acquired out of his achievements to explore space is limitless. The research into the sun and the stars helped us understand that atomic energy can be useful and powerful energy source.

The usage of space has directly altered our society. Geostationary satellites orbiting our planet let us communicate instantly with individuals on various different continents, and also allow broadcasting of any programme world-wide. Weather satellites help to save thousands of lives each year, as they provide warnings of natural disaster in advance. To cite an example, research into global warning, will be impossible without the information supplied by satellites. People rely on space exploration heavily for everyday breakthrough, but just do not know it yet.

To conclude, there are many direct and indirect benefits of space research, which are directly linked to human race. Man will continue to encounter the unknown and will conquer it, thereby profiting mankind.