You are hereIt has been said, “Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.”Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

It has been said, “Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.”Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

marzieh's picture

By marzieh - Posted on 03 February 2013

It has been said, “Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.”

Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?

Every one can earn knowledge in two different ways. One of the way is he or she use experience of other people and another way is he or she read a book. Both of these ways are completely different.

There are many different between these two ways and I consider some of them. Firstly, information is published on a book is result of many years researches by scientists. Most of the time these results are reasonable, we can trust them. While, experience of people is earned by chance. People get information in different events and different situation. Sometimes two people in same situation have two different experience. For example when we have a cold, every body has different recipe, one person believe the best cure for clod is chicken soup and might be another person do not agree with way and the think the best way is go to doctor. Secondly, using of experience is free. We could easily ask people about their knowledge and use of them. However, If we need a book, we must buy it or barrow it from a library. These process is costly.

In my opinion, although experience of people are very valuable, books are more important than experience. When a book is written, obviously, book's writer use experience of other people. Correct results and information are collected in books, so books are more trustable. In addition, experiences are forgotten after a couple of years or they might be change, but books are not like that. They always be saved and if a changes are happened, old book will not change and a new book will publish for new changes.

Dieting Does Not Help People Lose Weight Umid
Computer games are supported by some families becouse of their advantages. While other parents are against them.Discuss both views and give your opinion. gehan
Should healthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things such as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? padma kumari
You should spend 40 minutes on this topic.In some countries, people who commit less serious crimes are made to undertake community service* instead of a prison sentence. Some people believe that all people who have committed a crime should be sent to pris lynmelissa
Public places are noisy. What are the causes of this and what do you think should be done about it? marzieh
Some people believe that theoretical subjects should not be taught in universities because most student prefer to study practical subjects. Agree or disagree. kryztn30
In many countries, the proportion of older people is steadily increasing. Does this trend have more positive or negative effects on the society? cieljessy
AS most people spend a major part of their adult life at work,job satisfaction is an important element of individual wellbeing.what factors contribute to job satisfaction?How realistic the expectation of job satisfaction for all workers? nisansala
Writing Task 1. The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. musrah
A person's worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important. Tshewang

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
The table and the bar chart below give information about traveling to work in Houston, Texas.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. eddysuaib
Some Experts Believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at Primary School rather than Secondary School septi

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The diagram below show the development of the horse over a period of 40 million yearsWrite a report for a university lecture describing the information shown below Shokh sticky icon
Do you think it is better for students to work before their university study? Why? Share reasons and specific examples to support your choice. the beauty of E...
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
All over the world, societies are facing a growing problem with obesity. This problem affects both children and adults. What are the reasons for this rise in obesity? How it could be tackled? tycoonss

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon

Sentence: One of the way is he or she use experience of other people and another way is he or she read a book.
Description: The fragment she use experience is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace use with verb, past tense

Sentence: For example when we have a cold, every body has different recipe, one person believe the best cure for clod is chicken soup and might be another person do not agree with way and the think the best way is go to doctor.
Description: The fragment person believe the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace believe with verb, past tense
Description: The token the is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to the and think

Try to correct those gram errors. Don't repeat errors.

Expand your ideas with examples.