Essay topics: It has been said, “Not every thing that is learned is contained in books.”
Compare and contrast knowledge gained from experience with knowledge gained from books. In your opinion, which source is more important? Why?
Every one can earn knowledge in two different ways. One of the way is he or she use experience of other people and another way is he or she read a book. Both of these ways are completely different.
There are many different between these two ways and I consider some of them. Firstly, information is published on a book is result of many years researches by scientists. Most of the time these results are reasonable, we can trust them. While, experience of people is earned by chance. People get information in different events and different situation. Sometimes two people in same situation have two different experience. For example when we have a cold, every body has different recipe, one person believe the best cure for clod is chicken soup and might be another person do not agree with way and the think the best way is go to doctor. Secondly, using of experience is free. We could easily ask people about their knowledge and use of them. However, If we need a book, we must buy it or barrow it from a library. These process is costly.
In my opinion, although experience of people are very valuable, books are more important than experience. When a book is written, obviously, book's writer use experience of other people. Correct results and information are collected in books, so books are more trustable. In addition, experiences are forgotten after a couple of years or they might be change, but books are not like that. They always be saved and if a changes are happened, old book will not change and a new book will publish for new changes.
- You have applied for a course in a college, but there were no places available. Write a letter to the principal and ask to enrol for the next available course. Include the following:- Why do you want to do this course?- What other options would you like t (56)
- You are going to travel soon. Write to your neighbor and ask for help. In your letter say– Why do you need help?– What do you need him/her to do, and when?– What should he/she do if anything happens? (56)
- You ordered an item on a company website, which should have been delivered the next day, but it never turned up. Write a letter to the manager and say- what was the item- why it was important that you get it immediately- what you suggest the company shoul (78)
- Some people say that cities are a better place for children to grow up in, while others believe countryside is the right choice. Discuss both views, give your own opinion and examples (73)
- You are an employee in an office, working on one big project together with your colleagues. Write a letter to your manager to inform him/her that some of the employees make mistakes that affect your work. In your letter say- What mistakes have you encount (70)
- Write a letter to your manager about a new colleague, who makes things difficult at work for all of your team.- Describe why he/she makes it difficult.- Describe your feelings regarding the situation.- What do you want your manager to do about it? (70)
- Some people say that living in high-rise apartments feels very lonely and makes people unhappy. Others say there are advantages to living in a big apartment building. Discuss both views and give your own opinion (84)
- You forgot something important on the bus you traveled on. Write a letter to the bus company and say- Describe what you are looking for.- You phoned the company before, but their response didn’t help you (explain why).- What do you want the manager to d (50)
- You recently discovered that there are plans to build a new airport in your area and you are not happy with it. Write a letter to the local authority and say:– How did you get to know about the plans?– What problems will your neighborhood face?– Sug (70)
- One of your friends invited you for a meal with his/her family in their home. Write a letter to your friend and say:- Thank them and tell what you have enjoyed the most.- How do you feel about this visit?- Suggest some arrangements to invite them to your (80)