You are hereMany countries host international sporting events these days. what are the positive and negative impacts of hosting such events? Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

Many countries host international sporting events these days. what are the positive and negative impacts of hosting such events? Discuss both sides and give your opinion.

Robin's picture

By Robin - Posted on 01 July 2013

Trend of organizing international sporting events has become popular in whole world in this jet age of 21st century. These days,many countries are eager to host international sports events . This is indeed a profitable step for the host countries. Hence , there are argument both for and against of the statement.

To begin with, the first and foremost benefits of hosting international sports events are that the hosting country gets name and fame on international level and a country gets huge attention of worldwide media, athletes and tourists while orgnization if sports events. Consequently country would popular entire world. Next , either skilfull or have not skill people accomplish employment .To illustrate, a survey is conducted by time magazine revealed that more than one lakh unemployed got opportunity of work in common wealth games in 2010 at India for arranging sports , hotel , food industries and many more business were extended that time. As result, these all insist to boost a country's financial position.

On the other hand ,it has a dark side too opponent of hosting sports events assert that large amounts of money is invested on such kind of events by government. As universally accepted," poverty is bane" eventhough majority of masses below under poverty as well as serviver of slumb area those money is spent to provid shelter and other basic necessities that is wasted on international sports events . However , students are future of a nation and sports take place more than two months during these day study is ignored by most of the students which become reason of failure so the people are not faver of international sports.

From my point of view, as universally acknowledged," health is wealth" sports play a magnificent role to keep fit and healthy body and local athletes come in to lime light as representatives of a host. This is extremely useful in spreading awarness of sports activities at the local level. Eventually, it creates harmonically relationship between throwing nations.

As per my above discussion , it is evident that every coin has two aspects and an advantages of international sports events overweight disadvantages.

jordansqf france

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

global warming effect cut muftia keumala
Many newspapers and magazines feature stories about the private lives of famous people. We know what they eat, where they buy their clothes and who they love. We also often see pictures of them in private situations.Is it appropriate for a magazine or new Ksenia
Trade and travel would be easier with a single,global currency that we will use .Do you agree or disagree with this statement?would a single currency cause any problem? maryam2900
IELTS ESSAY- IMPACT OF TOURISM IN DIFFERENT COUNTRIES BINUDANIEL20
A person’s worth nowadays seems to be judged according to social status and material possessions. Old-fashioned values, such as honour, kindness and trust, no longer seem important.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?Give reasons for Zarna Patel
The popularity of mobile phones among young people is a growing rapidly. Is it a good or a bad development? Give your own opinion and relevant examples from experience. marzieh
Do you agree or disagree English language is important for us? Marchelaona
The three pie charts below show the changes in annual spending by a particular UK school in 1981, 1991 and 2001.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Yves
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist ficilities. shirin
Computer technologies are more accessible and cheaper, as the result, more adults work at home and children study at home. Is this a positive or negative development? Mcgarry sticky icon

Blood sports have become a hot topic for debate in recent years. As society develops it is increasingly seen as an uncivilized activity and cruel to the helpless animals that are killed. All blood sports should be banned. Discuss the main arguments for th falks405
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
The mass media, including TV, radio and newspapers, have great influence in shaping people’s ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer. mikrarlagowa
Creative artists should always be given freedom to express their own ideas (in words, picture, music, film) in whichever way they wish. There should be no government restrictions on what they do.To what extend do you agree or disagree with this statement? D O N
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Economic growth helps to improve the standard of living. However, some researches show that people in developing countries are happy with this trend, whilest people in developed countries are not happy about it. Explain why do you think about it? Tessy James
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Some people choose to eat no meat or fish. They believe that this is not only better for their own health but also benefits the world as a whole. Discuss this view and give your own opinion. ligitukas
Sample IELTS speaking: family (married person) essayking

Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Children's education is expensive. In some countries, the government pays some of or all of the costs. Do the advantages outweigh its disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think? What solutions can you suggest? Justin
Nowadays, some people tend to take temporary jobs, for they have the time to do other things. Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Seasky
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
The diagram below shows career paths in the travel industry. Write a report. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the governments of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? carmela6 sticky icon
In many countries schools have sever problems with student behaviour. What do you think are the causes and What solutions can you suggest? Justin sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantage of giving aid to poor countries. skeet sticky icon
Many people believe that media coverage of celebrities is having a negative effect on children.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? Shokh sticky icon

Sentence: Hence , there are argument both for and against of the statement.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a conjunction, coordinating
Suggestion: Refer to for and and

Sentence: Consequently country would popular entire world.
Description: A modal auxillary is not usually followed by an adjective
Suggestion: Refer to would and popular

Sentence: As universally accepted,' poverty is bane' eventhough majority of masses below under poverty as well as serviver of slumb area those money is spent to provid shelter and other basic necessities that is wasted on international sports events .
Description: The fragment basic necessities that is not usually followed by is
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace is with are

Sentence: To begin with, the first and foremost benefits of hosting international sports events are that the hosting country gets name and fame on international level and a country gets huge attention of worldwide media, athletes and tourists while orgnization if sports events.
Error: orgnization Suggestion: organization

Sentence: Next , either skilfull or have not skill people accomplish employment .To illustrate, a survey is conducted by time magazine revealed that more than one lakh unemployed got opportunity of work in common wealth games in 2010 at India for arranging sports , hotel , food industries and many more business were extended that time.
Error: lakh Suggestion: ?
Error: skilfull Suggestion: skillful

Error: slumb Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: serviver Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: eventhough Suggestion: No alternate word
Error: provid Suggestion: proved

Sentence: However , students are future of a nation and sports take place more than two months during these day study is ignored by most of the students which become reason of failure so the people are not faver of international sports.
Error: faver Suggestion: favor

Sentence: This is extremely useful in spreading awarness of sports activities at the local level.
Error: awarness Suggestion: awareness

Don't put a space before punctuation marks.
Always put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.