Essay topics: Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting event bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and include your opinion, supported by examples.
Countries worldwide compete to win the privilege of holding global sport events. This is chiefly due to the fact that these events uplift the image and economy of these nations. Unfortunately, in some cases, they may prove to be more of a plague than a boon.
To start with, international sporting events enable the host country to boost its economy and market its capabilities and culture across the globe. In this manner, China demonstrated its exemplary skills, financial power and deep cultural heritage to the world through its flawless performances at the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2008 Beijing Olympic Game. Simultaneously, it was able to attract crowds of tourists who in turn c ...
You can subscribe as testbig VIP users and get unlimited access to essays on the top list; and more advantages...
- People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development?
- Many people want their country to host an international sporting event. Others believe that international sporting event bring more problems than benefits. Discuss both views and include your opinion, supported by examples.
- Some people prefer shopping in shopping centers, while others prefer local markets. What are the advantages of each?
- In many countries, students who behave badly in class are expelled from their school and never allowed to return. Many consider this an effective way to educate while others disagree.Discuss both sides of the argument and share your opinion. Where possi
- Nowadays, more and more young unmarried adults are choosing to study and live outside their parents’ homes. Do you think this trend is positive?
- Nowadays, pollution and waste levels are increasing rapidly. How does this effect ordinary people? What steps can be taken to overcome this problem?
- Do you agree with the following statement? Classmates are a more important influence than parents on a child’s success in life.
- Your car is hired from a company and while you are driving on holiday, you have a small accident. You will have to write a report to the company to explain it. You need to explain:-when are where you hired it-describe how the accident happened-what kind o
- You cannot go to a company where you got an offer. Write a letter to the HR supervisor to-explain the reason why you decline the offer-express your gratitude-explain why you like your current job very much
- It is often said that the subjects taught in schools are too academic in orientation and that it would be more useful for children to learn about practical matters such as home management, work and interpersonal skills. To what extent do you agree or disa