Popular events like the football world cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Always throughout the history there was tension between countries, in many cases these tensions led to conflict or even war. First World War and Second World War is an obvious example. However, many socialists believe popular events like Olympic and different World Cups are able to reduce tensions between countries and in addition these events would be an opportunities for different nations to discharge their patriotic sentiments.

The need for demonstrate of superiority and sense of competence exists in all the nations across the world, therefore, every nation wants to show its excellence to other nations. In many years back, countries used to show their superiority by starting war, but now countries mostly fulfill this need in international sporting events such as Olympic or Football World Cup. For example, many years ago there was lots of tension between Britain and France, and always they wanted to show one another their excellence, as a result, they got to many wars with each other, but nowadays these two countries have put their need of superiority into international events like Football World Cup. And also their people release their patriotic emotions in these occasions by supporting their countries.

However, these events have not been always positive and constructive. In some cases we saw clashes between supporters of two teams, for instance few years ago in UEFA Cup there was a huge clash between England fans and Turkish fans and unfortunately lots of people got injured.

In conclusion, I personally believe international sporting events like Olympic and World Cups would be a great help to ease up international tensions and releasing patriotic sentiments, though there are some complications, yet its advantages are much greater than its disadvantages

Sentence: The need for demonstrate of superiority and sense of competence exists in all the nations across the world, therefore, every nation wants to show its excellence to other nations.
Description: The token for is not usually followed by a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to for and demonstrate