Popular events like the football world cup matches and other international sporting occasion are essential is easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. To what extent to do agree or disagree with this opinion?

Countries can maintain peace and harmony between them by hosting different sporting activities, such as the Football World Cup or other international sports such as the Olympics. This is a safe way and simple way to express love for the nation.

To begin with, it is a good idea to arrange different kind of sporting activities or held world cup matches. This kind of activities lets other countries people to visit sport hosting country. For example, easy availability of visitors VISA for attending and enjoying matches. Furthermore, during the matches people do come in contact with each other, become friends and share a common love for the game. This helps them to maintain, improve and develop love for people from other countries. For instance, cricket match between two rival countries, India and Pakistan. Attending matches will let people from the both the countries to know the same culture which they are shared for a long time.

On the other hand, it could be possible to rival countries can express their emotions or patriotism in aggression. For instance, popular cricketing event, ‘The Ashes’, which is played between Australia and England, is ‘Do or Die’ match. If one country lost the match, there are riots on the sporting field among the spectators which is a difficult task to manage. Due to this, even international sport personals are attacked or beaten to express anger.

In conclusion, I believe it is important to have football world cup matches or internal sports, such as Olympics to express feeling and love towards the country in a safe and simple way, but this could be the only fundamental way of achieving peace between any countries.

it could be possible to rival countries can express their emotions or patriotism in aggression.
Suggestion: it could be possible for rival countries to express their emotions or patriotism in aggression.