You are hereIn some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

maryam2900's picture

By maryam2900 - Posted on 26 December 2012

In some countries the average weight of people is increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.

What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them?

These days, in developed countries the average weight of people is increasing and obesity is very popular among the youth and school students. It is clear that thanks to development technology, there are several kinds of tools which try to make the world comfortable place for living. Many people can sit on sofa and do several kinds of duties without any movement by advanced machines. They do not pay attention how these tools impact on their life style and healthy way.

Although the level of standard living is increased today and several dangerous diseases are cured, there are new types of diseases that can not be overlooked like obesity and blood pressure. There are two basic reasons which will eventually lead to increasing average weight of people and decreasing the levels of health. First of all, many people have to work with computers in their workplace or schools and university which force them to sit behind the desk most of the time and do not have any activities during the work. These kinds of tools put them under tremendous pressure to compete with their colleagues even after work time and they do not have enough time to do exercise at all.

The second reason is that thanks to living in a competition world, most of people do not have time to cook healthy food because they have to work hard and keep themselves up to date as regards their jobs and they prefer eating fast food to having home cook. The fast foods provide them with the golden opportunity to have most time to concentrate on their work since they can eat their food and work stimulatory. It is obvious that these kinds of foods do not have any nutritional value and are so fatty. By eating fast foods not only do people save a lot of calories in their bodies which is not burned easily and lead to increasing weight but they also decrease the level of their health because it is more likely to suffer from heart disease in the latter life due to eating fast foods.For these two basic reasons many people get ten times as fat and unhealthy as those who lived in three or four decades ago.

The best solution that can be adopted to tackle these problems is that doing exercise and being a little more active during the day. More over, the government should broadcast educational programs about how people can keep their body fit and what is important to be health during the life age. People should be awareness of disadvantages of eating fast foods and they should be encouraged to do exercise at the work places.

In conclusion, I think that both people and government should pay utmost attention to levels of health in their society and take responsibility about teaching the next generation how to keep their body fit by doing exercise.