You are hereSome people prefer to spend their lives doing the same thing and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same thing and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

helia123's picture

By helia123 - Posted on 10 May 2012

Nowadays one of the topics of heated debates among experts is whether it is good to change or not and what effects would have on individual’s survival. It is indisputably taken for granted that some changes, as we all have probably experienced, not only pave the path to have a more convenient life, but also make a vitally significant contribution to have more advanced and successful life especially in today’s world. There are number of people believing that it is better to do the same thing in their life and they usually tend to prevent changing. On the other side, the rests are of the point of view that change can be considered as a great part of every individual’s life and in some ways can shed light on the dark aspects of people’s life.

At first place, I would like to mention some of the positive aspects of change and effects that it has on one’s social and personal life. One of the main advantages of change is one will learn new skills as well as gaining a wealth of experiments. To illustrate, the one who decides to change his way to the other way, undoubtedly will get familiar with details of the new way and he will identify his week points and try to correct them, which broadens his horizons in divers levels of life.

Secondly, the ones who agree with the idea of avoiding change is good and helpful, commonly are more pessimistic. In their viewpoint trying to change is always a difficult thing, which requires plenty of time. Also if one needs to achieve new experiences, he should implement another effort such as being aware of what he really needs to get his desired target, then try to learn new skills that is demanded to get his aim as soon as possible.

All in all, all these long stories come down to the fact that as the change is not always useful, iteration also is not always helpful. I personally consider change as a positive event. However people must implement some measurements to know what kind of change they need in their life then change.