Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefit

Some people regard video games as harmless fun, or even as a useful educational tool. Others, however, believe that video games are having an adverse effect on the people who play them. In your opinion, do the drawbacks of video games outweigh the benefits?.

Whether playing video games is suitable for children or not remains a heated debate. While some people support this form of entertainment, others, myself included, believe differently.

There are many reasons why playing video games is not favourable. Firstly, playing too much video games can become an addiction. Children who are addicted to these games are likely to skip school to play. In fact, this has been reported that a growing number of cases, in which children refuse to go school because they simply want to finish the game they are playing. As a result, not only does it worsen their codes of principle but also their academic performance, creating a challenge for parents. Furthermore, if this unhealthy habit is not alleviated, it could lead to potential problems to children’s development. Because of spending too much time on playing games, children are deprived of time for doing physical exercises. Consequently, they are prone to developing obesity and diabetes.

Admittedly, there are some positive sides of playing video games. Some parents use this kind of entertainment to encourage the learning for their children. For example, children can play many educational games, which require players to think logically to pass to the next level. This would enhance their problem solving skills, which is important for later part of their life. However, the supervision of the children’s game tends to be difficult for parents at the present because of their busy work. Thus, playing game may not be an ideal option for their children.

In conclusion, it is clear that the danger of video games cannot be underestimated. Parents are encouraged to use other forms of entertainment for their children.