Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives Which viewpoint do you agree with Use specific reasons and examples to support your ans

Some people say that advertising encourages us to buy things we really do not need. Others say that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives. Which viewpoint do you agree with?

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Advertising has become one of the most powerful mediums to prompt new products. Every person or individual knows to differentiate useful and useless products and services, and in my opinion advertisements give us the detailed information about new products available in the market, which can ease our lives.

Firstly, advertising is a beautiful thing to introduce new products to the market. Even though some of the products are of no use, this can impart some information about the products, its range, advantages and dis-advantages. Take me for example, I love buying things online, which can save time and some money on travel, I am constantly looking for good online store, that have got wide a range of products and quick delivery. I once happened to look at an advertisement about flipkart the online shopping store. The advertisement was decent enough, which made me want to order. Within 24hrs I received the item with good packing and was pleasantly surprised.

Secondly, many people would blindly believe the products and its benefits as advertised. For example, my sister-in-law would buy all sorts of cosmetic creams, face scrub, hair oil and shampoos. Even without doing a proper study about the products ingredients and reviews. This is primarily because of the attitude as well as the mind set to get rid of pimples and hair fall and belief in the advertisement.

In addition, there are certain groups of people, who would buy products advertised by actors even though the products are not of much use to them. For instance, my friend, who stays near by my place, would buy all kind of clothes and accessories as advertised by his favourite actor. These are the tactics and strategies adopted by advertising agencies to attract more customers.

In my opinion, advertisement plays a major role in everybody's life to know about the new products and its range available in the market. Which can definitely improve ones own life.

Reason 2 and reason 3 are not related to topic ' that advertisements tell us about new products that may improve our lives.'