Success is very subjective term. Different people have definitions and perceptions about successful and fulfilled life. Some people believe that university education is highly essential for a prosperous life while other don’t find it true.

Undoubtedly, it is more beneficial for students to continue their studies firstly because academic qualifications are required in many professions for example; it is impossible to become doctor, teacher or lawyer without having the relevant degree. As a result, university graduates have access to more and better job opportunities; and they tend to earn higher salaries than those with little qualification. Secondly, nowadays job market is becoming increasingly competitive and sometimes there are hundreds of applicants for one position in a company. So, young people who do not have qualification from a recommended university or college will not be able to compete.

However, there are other people who achieve a lot without going to college. As in today’s scenario many youngsters want to start earning money as soon as possible. In this way they become independent and able to afford their own expenses or start a family. They may have a chance to progress more quickly from their practical skills and real experience of work.

Summing it up, I am in favour of university education because only a few people have got real talent to achieve name and fame in a short span of time. But shortcuts do not work for everyone.

Total: