You are heresome people think museums should be enjoyable places to attract and entertain people, but others think the purpose of museums is to educate, not to entertain, discuss both views and give your own opinion.

some people think museums should be enjoyable places to attract and entertain people, but others think the purpose of museums is to educate, not to entertain, discuss both views and give your own opinion.

zhuxiaozhao's picture

By zhuxiaozhao - Posted on 19 November 2010

In the contemporary world, a variety of museums are sprouting up all over the world, of course which appear in China, for the reason of the museums’ development and increase, the goal for visiting museums are different from before we went there. Some people regard that museums should be enjoyable places to entertain people such as the sea museum or others which tend to attract children, however, others believe, the purpose of museums is still to educate rather than entertain people. What’s more, in fact, basically, there are museums built for public citizens to inspire patriotism instead of a recreational place. Frankly speaking, I am more in favor of the latter viewpoint, building museums plays a key role in inspiration and education to public citizens.

Generally speaking, museums is the symbol of national gorgeous history, which represent the nation’s promising future, to some extent, visiting museums could cultivate our enthusiasm, for our country dramatically, especially during the children’s education period, we can see that teachers constantly lead the pupils to these museums to learn from the nation’s past experience. In this day and age, different types of museums are established in different fields such as aviation airplane musems, famous historians museums, art works museums, which exhibit different processional fields and knowledge to public, through visiting these museums, people especially the students could get better hang of different areas, which is beneficial for them to know the society status in order that they could find a suitable field to work hard. Finally, museums is distinguished form other office buildings and recreational places, because that not only museum is a form of architecture, but is regarded as educational resources.

Admittedly, among present museums, there are simply a couple of museums built for amusing children such as the sea museum as I referred to, although this kind of museum could be regarded as a entertaining place for children, to a large extent, parents prefer to educating their child and enabling them to know much more about the sea through visiting these museums. Therefore, as for me, even though there are some museums where people could be relax as a leisure place, but essentially, I still believe the founder just tend to provide more significant information through the way of recreation.

All in all, I f all the museums not only educate visitors as a learning resource, but could they attract people as a amusing activity, these museums could play more vital role in promoting national development.