You are hereSome people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Nur Shabrina's picture

By Nur Shabrina - Posted on 04 December 2013

It is undeniable that children need lesson about competition to compete with their peers. While this issue could be accepted, children also should learn about cooperate to have sense of social. In my opinion, I would suggest that both of them should be encouraged by the children’s parents.

Nowadays, people more compete about anything even with their friends, because the opportunity given to them less than competitors who fight against them. In business, competition soul is particularly needed by businessmen to develop their business larger than their competitors. Not only in business or work field the sense of competition is needed, but also in school, college, and every single sector in this world. In school for example, children should be encouraged to compete with their peers if they want to be number one student. They also need competition soul to reach their goal, because competition is the fair way to determine who is the best among the others. The simplest example, when they do examination, they should compete for getting the highest score. That is why children should be taught sense of competition earlier for their future.

On the other hand, children should understand about cooperation skill to make them have sense of humanity. In this universe, cooperation skill is also needed to help other people deal with their difficulties, because as a human it is their obligation to help each other. In the business world, people more likely to cooperate with their partners instead of compete them, because with good cooperation, the company would more easy to obtain its success. Besides that, people with good cooperation skill usually have good social relation with their colleagues and the people around them. So, cooperation skill should be taught to the children to grow sense of humanity in their soul. In the school, the children also need cooperation when they are in a team, because organized team would bring satisfying result.

Children who are taught competition lesson would be hard worker when they were adult because they have strong spirit, high optimism, they follow their passion to reach their purpose. To make them become more useful adults, they should learn about cooperation too, because it would make them easier to build relationship with other people and their sense of humanity would increase.

In conclusion, I suggest that both of competition and cooperation skill should be taught to the children to lead them become more useful adults.

Ekhlas US / Iraq

User comment: I want to talk to someone in English to prepare for an exam

Should wealthy nations be required to share their wealth among poorer nations by providing such things as food and education? Or is it the responsibility of the government of poorer nations to look after their citizens themselves? nwahyuni
Now a days food has become easy to prepare.has this improve way people live.Use specific reasons and examples. Ramneek rj
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Children should be required to help with household tasks as soon as they are able to do so. Give example and reasons to support. Tessy James sticky icon
In some countries the average weight of people in increasing and their levels of health and fitness are decreasing.What do you think are the causes of these problems and what measures could be taken to solve them? andaihiep
The spread of multinational companies and the increase in globalization produce positive effects for everyone. Do you agree or disagree? aqil
Creative artists should always be given the freedom to express their own ideas(in word, pictures. music or film) in whichever way they wish. there should be no government restrictions on what the do.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinio ariel1984
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Nowadays, education overseas has become more accessible and growing numbers of people send their offspring in other countries. However, this trend has its detractors. Discuss. sfaht1 sticky icon
Young people are much more aware of and concerned about issues like the environment, poverty and animal welfare than previous generations. What is your own opinion? Momo Cherry-Cherry
The chart and table show the number of fishers in millions for different regions between 1970, 1980, and 2000, and the world’s top ten exporters of fish in 2000. fikri

The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree? maryam2900
Tobacco and alcohol are drugs that cause addition and health problems. Should they be made illegal? Or should all drugs be legalized? marzieh
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Why should the government help working parents by providing child care facilities. Tessy James
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan

Many schools these days have problems with poor student behavior. Why do you think these problems occur? What could be done to tackle these problems tycoonss
These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports faculties. Others, However say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. kya
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

because the opportunity given to them less than competitors
because the opportunity given to them is less than competitors

Need to remove duplicate words:
No. of Words: 404 while No. of Different Words: 170