You are hereSome people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Nur Shabrina's picture

By Nur Shabrina - Posted on 04 December 2013

It is undeniable that children need lesson about competition to compete with their peers. While this issue could be accepted, children also should learn about cooperate to have sense of social. In my opinion, I would suggest that both of them should be encouraged by the children’s parents.

Nowadays, people more compete about anything even with their friends, because the opportunity given to them less than competitors who fight against them. In business, competition soul is particularly needed by businessmen to develop their business larger than their competitors. Not only in business or work field the sense of competition is needed, but also in school, college, and every single sector in this world. In school for example, children should be encouraged to compete with their peers if they want to be number one student. They also need competition soul to reach their goal, because competition is the fair way to determine who is the best among the others. The simplest example, when they do examination, they should compete for getting the highest score. That is why children should be taught sense of competition earlier for their future.

On the other hand, children should understand about cooperation skill to make them have sense of humanity. In this universe, cooperation skill is also needed to help other people deal with their difficulties, because as a human it is their obligation to help each other. In the business world, people more likely to cooperate with their partners instead of compete them, because with good cooperation, the company would more easy to obtain its success. Besides that, people with good cooperation skill usually have good social relation with their colleagues and the people around them. So, cooperation skill should be taught to the children to grow sense of humanity in their soul. In the school, the children also need cooperation when they are in a team, because organized team would bring satisfying result.

Children who are taught competition lesson would be hard worker when they were adult because they have strong spirit, high optimism, they follow their passion to reach their purpose. To make them become more useful adults, they should learn about cooperation too, because it would make them easier to build relationship with other people and their sense of humanity would increase.

In conclusion, I suggest that both of competition and cooperation skill should be taught to the children to lead them become more useful adults.

apastyRag Ethiopia

User comment: I just want to chat in English for a while to improve my speaking skills

Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential ineasing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? jackykeizen@gma...
Many shops work for 24 hours a day 7 days a week; some people see it as a good idea, while others don’t. Compare different views of customers, shop workers and the whole society of this subject and give your opinion about it. Tessy James sticky icon
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes. To what extent do you agree or disagree. hamidrezat
Trees are essential for the existence of the human race as they provide the oxygen that we need to survive. Yet, daily all around the globe large areas of woodland are being destroyed. Many people feel that they as individuals can do nothing and that only pendinggirl
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold.To what extent do you agree or disagree ? Amandeep Singh
The table and bar chart show how journey times in a city centre changed after improvement were made to the transport network and the cost of using different form of trnsport in the city avista_nada
i want some of the examples of best rated letter writing krishna soni
"Nowadays, food has become easier to prepare. Has this change improved the way people live .” himanshu luthra
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projection for 2050. favorite0214
Nowadays, people care about their appearance more than before. Do you agree or disagree? falks405

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Increasing ground traffic is creating serious problems and challenges in life. Some suggest that shifting most of the traffic to air would be the best solution.Do you agree or disagree with it? harjinder singh sticky icon
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
some parent believe that watching and paying computer games should be limited and subtitled by reading books.do you agree or disagree? rahele
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view. marzieh
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.A friend of yours is going on holiday soon and has asked you to recommend a destination. eddysuaib
Nowadays an increasingnumber of people changetheir career and place ofresidence several times duringtheir life. Is this a positive ora negative development? Justin
The graph below shows the percentage change in the nubmer of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006.-alam-(re-write) eddysuaib
You are not happy with the course you are doing at college and would like to change to a different course. Write a letter to the college director requesting to change your course. You should include details about:- what course are you doing now- why you a bwosti

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
The bar chart shows the scores of teams A,B and C over four different seasons. Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. shi24
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you. When and where you used the taxi. Describe a problem you have faced.What do you expect the manager to do? Barb.a

Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon

because the opportunity given to them less than competitors
because the opportunity given to them is less than competitors

Need to remove duplicate words:
No. of Words: 404 while No. of Different Words: 170