You are hereSome people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to cooperate rather than compete become more useful adults. Discuss both views and give our own opinion.

Nur Shabrina's picture

By Nur Shabrina - Posted on 04 December 2013

It is undeniable that children need lesson about competition to compete with their peers. While this issue could be accepted, children also should learn about cooperate to have sense of social. In my opinion, I would suggest that both of them should be encouraged by the children’s parents.

Nowadays, people more compete about anything even with their friends, because the opportunity given to them less than competitors who fight against them. In business, competition soul is particularly needed by businessmen to develop their business larger than their competitors. Not only in business or work field the sense of competition is needed, but also in school, college, and every single sector in this world. In school for example, children should be encouraged to compete with their peers if they want to be number one student. They also need competition soul to reach their goal, because competition is the fair way to determine who is the best among the others. The simplest example, when they do examination, they should compete for getting the highest score. That is why children should be taught sense of competition earlier for their future.

On the other hand, children should understand about cooperation skill to make them have sense of humanity. In this universe, cooperation skill is also needed to help other people deal with their difficulties, because as a human it is their obligation to help each other. In the business world, people more likely to cooperate with their partners instead of compete them, because with good cooperation, the company would more easy to obtain its success. Besides that, people with good cooperation skill usually have good social relation with their colleagues and the people around them. So, cooperation skill should be taught to the children to grow sense of humanity in their soul. In the school, the children also need cooperation when they are in a team, because organized team would bring satisfying result.

Children who are taught competition lesson would be hard worker when they were adult because they have strong spirit, high optimism, they follow their passion to reach their purpose. To make them become more useful adults, they should learn about cooperation too, because it would make them easier to build relationship with other people and their sense of humanity would increase.

In conclusion, I suggest that both of competition and cooperation skill should be taught to the children to lead them become more useful adults.

Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology.In what ways technology has affected the types of relationships people make?Has this become a positive or negative development (228) Nilam
At present, science has been developing at a high speed, but people still have a high opinion of artists. What can the arts tell us of the life that science cannot? Hera Bugis Indina
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out.It is pointless to try keep them alive. fialka
In many countries school-age children are spending their free time in doing homework. Is it a good or bad thing? What is your own opinion? Give examples to support your view. parastoo_az sticky icon
Most people are not interested in how their food has been produced. They only care about how much it cost. How true is this statement? What influences people when they buy food?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own k Rita Irianti
Task I You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.Write at least 150 words. You do NOT need to write any addresses. Begin your letter as follows: Dear……………………… You were supposed to go on an interview in a few weeks, but you have since found out you ca ashimielts2
The age distribution of the population in Australia in 1961 and 2031 adventurer
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business,hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used in thefuture? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspiciousof th kaushikstv
Some people prefer to spend their lives doing the same things and avoiding change. Others, however, think that change is always a good thing.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. husni syukri
News Media is more influential nowadays and some people think it is a negative development. to what extent do you agree or disagree? Domilina

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Every year several languages die out. Some people think that this is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? muhammadrezkihr IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
When a country develops its technology, the traditional skills and ways of life die out. It is pointless to try and keep them alive. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Mita Puspasari IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
As a part of education, students should spend a period of time living in another country to learn its language and culture. Do you agree or disagree? Suraj IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I

Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

because the opportunity given to them less than competitors
because the opportunity given to them is less than competitors

Need to remove duplicate words:
No. of Words: 404 while No. of Different Words: 170