Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a work place every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages?

Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a work place every day.

Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages?

In recent times, there has been some debate as to whether the vast majority of employees work from home instead of commuting every day has fundamentally beneficial effects on our society or it has some adverse influences as well. I personally believe that the disadvantages of this point of view far outweigh the advantages created by it.

Some people advocate the notion that working from home has various positive effects on an individual’s life. To illustrate this they refer to the fact that people would not commute to their workplaces every single day. Therefore, there would be less amount of traffic in cities. And as a result of this reduction, air pollution would decrease significantly. In addition, by working from home, parents would be able to spend the majority of their time with their children; for instance, they would be able to supervise the education of their kids efficiently.

On the other hand, there are other people who contend that staying at home all day comes with some adverse effects. They argue that by working at offices people keep their human contacts. In other words, they will be able to meet new people, either their colleagues or customers, and make new friends. Similarly, they will have the opportunity to improve their knowledge and professional skills through working with their co-workers at their workplaces. Last but not least, they will learn how to work as a team to achieve a mutual goal.

In conclusion, although I concede the validity of existing some advantages in working from home, I insist that the disadvantages have much more detrimental influences on our lives, as the human contact and the sense of teamwork would decrease.