You are hereSuccessful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

Successful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

Listya Aina Firda's picture

By Listya Aina Firda - Posted on 24 July 2013

Sports are the exercise that could help us to maintain our body. Today, sports become a profession. The reason why few people choose sport as a profession is the income. The successful sports professionals would reach higher payment than others. On contrary, some other people do not agree with the salary. Moreover, they argue that it is unfair.

There are some varieties of sports, including football. Nowadays, football is one of the popular sports in the world that the successful players could earn high payment rather than other workers. This case also happens in Indonesia. A group of people think that the salary is balance with the job because the football players have to do their best for their country. It means they have a very huge duty.

On the other hand, other people argue that it is unfair because there are other professions which should earn income higher than the football players. One of the examples is a teacher who has responsibility to help her country to educate young people and build the youth to be a great leader in the future. However, their salary is lower than a successful football player. For example, Christiano Ronaldo, one of the famous football players, gets salary more than $ 50,000 per year. Besides, a teacher reaches approximately $ 20,000 per year. It is unfair, because football players will not be successful players if they are not taught by a teacher.

From the above, I think sports professionals and other professions have different responsibilities that should be appreciated. Football players and teachers have their duties on their job, although the income is different. I think it will be better if teachers get more than football players’ salary, because they have huge responsibility rather than football players.

In some countries it is thought advisable that children begin formal education at four years old, while in others they do not have to start school until they are seven or eight. How far do you agree with either of these ideas? Leyla H sticky icon
The chart below show the sleep patterns of people in five different occupations to a Canadian study. Fardhani Dwi Ar...
Popular events like the football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion? kamran7
The table below gives information about student enrolments at Bristol University in 1928, 1958 and 2008. naz96
An Ambition is Positive or Negative? Discuss both of views anita mustikasari
Nowadays the way many people interact with each other has changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make.Has this become a positive or negative development? RamanG sticky icon
IELTS information wanted! reza
Some people believe that unpaid community service should be a compulsory part of high school programmes (for example working for a charity, improving the neighbourhood or teaching sports for younger children). To what extend do you agree or disagree? Bustanul Arifin
Some people say that some urgent problems in modern society can only be solved with international cooperation. To what extent do you agree or disagree. batra08
Today, the high sales of popular consumer goods reflect the power of advertising and not the real needs of the society in which they are sold. To what extent do you agree or disagree?Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your subobhan

Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5
Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
This is a bar graph of the average age at first marriage of both men and women in the U.S. The red bar stands for women, and the blue bar stands for men. Write a report for a university lecturer conveying the information in the graph. jason
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee
Some people think that in modern world we are more dependent on each other ,while other think that people have become more independent. Discuss both views. Rahi
tourism place in our townMiemie and Randayan Island yeran zeal
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The graph below shows the percentage change in the nubmer of international students graduating from universities in different Canadian provinces between 2001 and 2006.-alam-(re-write) eddysuaib

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Even though globalization affects the world’s economics in a very positive way, its negative side shouldn’t be forgotten. Discuss. Mubariz
Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon

The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon