You are hereSuccessful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

Successful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion.

Listya Aina Firda's picture

By Listya Aina Firda - Posted on 24 July 2013

Sports are the exercise that could help us to maintain our body. Today, sports become a profession. The reason why few people choose sport as a profession is the income. The successful sports professionals would reach higher payment than others. On contrary, some other people do not agree with the salary. Moreover, they argue that it is unfair.

There are some varieties of sports, including football. Nowadays, football is one of the popular sports in the world that the successful players could earn high payment rather than other workers. This case also happens in Indonesia. A group of people think that the salary is balance with the job because the football players have to do their best for their country. It means they have a very huge duty.

On the other hand, other people argue that it is unfair because there are other professions which should earn income higher than the football players. One of the examples is a teacher who has responsibility to help her country to educate young people and build the youth to be a great leader in the future. However, their salary is lower than a successful football player. For example, Christiano Ronaldo, one of the famous football players, gets salary more than $ 50,000 per year. Besides, a teacher reaches approximately $ 20,000 per year. It is unfair, because football players will not be successful players if they are not taught by a teacher.

From the above, I think sports professionals and other professions have different responsibilities that should be appreciated. Football players and teachers have their duties on their job, although the income is different. I think it will be better if teachers get more than football players’ salary, because they have huge responsibility rather than football players.

Recent figures show an increase in violent crime among youngsters under the age of 18. Some psychologists claim that the basic reason for this is that children these days are not getting the social and emotional learning they need from parents and teacher Umb221
Some people think that a sense of competition in children should be encouraged. Others believe that children who are taught to co-operate rather than compete become more useful adults.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. maryam2900
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers. They are used in business, hospitals, crime detection and even to fly planes. What things will they be used in the future? In this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspicious of Omar Sheta
Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behaviour. Others disagree and think that the host country should welcome curtural differences. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. zha
Childcare training course for parents can be the best way to update them to bring up their children. To what extent do you agree or disagree with it? ash5005 sticky icon
The chart below give information about travel to and from the UK, and about the most popular countries for UK residents to visit. ariel1984
Nowadays people becoming parents later in life. Some think it is not a good development for the family and for the country. Do you agree or disagree with it? Give your own opinion. devabe2005
The world has changed a lot .Today's world is not a safe place to bring up children. Discuss. Substantiate your ideas with reasons. Tessy James
The detailed description about crime will affect the people and cause many social problems. Some people say that the media should be strictly restricted. Do you agree or disagree? giang sticky icon
It Is better to reform criminals instead of just punishing them. What measures could be taken to attempt to integrate law-breakers back into society. Aijan Jumabayeva

Water is a natural resource thatshould always be free.Governments should ban the saleof bottled water.To what extent doyou agree or disagree? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Some people argue that cars should be banned in city centres while others are against this idea. Discuss both sides and give your own opinion. Rahi IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS
The pie chart shows the amount of money that a children's charity located in the USA spent and received in one year.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons where relevant. raman nmbrbar sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
We are becoming increasingly dependent on computers.They are used in business,hospitals,crime detection and even to fly planes.What things will they be used for in future? Is this dependence on computers a good thing or should we be more suspecious of the dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II
Some think that these environmental problems are too big for individuals to be solved, while others think that individuals cannot solve these environmental problems unless governments make some action. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Kiran Makkar IELTS

Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views xizon7777 IELTS Writing Task II
Essay topic:Most of big cities are overpopulated. Why do people still move to big cities? Give your opinion and example. Miachel IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
The diagram below shows the Australian Bureau of Meteorology collects up-to-the-minute information on the weather in order to produce to reliable forecasts. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
News editor decide what to broadcast on television and what to print in newspaper.What factors do you think influence these decisions?Do we become used to bad news?Would it be better if more good news was reported ? dhruv546 IELTS Writing Task II

Some people think that it is beneficial for students to go to private schools, but other people think that it can have a negative effect. Discuss both opinions and give your own opinions. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The chart below shows the amount of leisure time enjoyed by men and women of different employment status.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. agienugroho91 sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Performance of four different sectors in India between 2000 to 2010 simranvirk sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Nowadays movies and computer games containing violence are very popular. Some people believe that they have negative effect on the society and should be banned, others, however, believe that it is harmless entertainment. Discuss both vies and give your ow lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II