Essay topics: task.
The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
these two pie charts taken from a survey showing trend changes for leisure activities in America in 1999 and 2009. It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.
in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 % followed by soccer which was17 %.aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13% and 12% respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5%. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use. (7, 8 and 9 %).
on the other hand after 10 years swimming was doubled for its popularity. walking was still liked the most accounting for 31%. a big change noted was that no one was using yoga anymore rater weightlifting made its space instead ,10%. there was a significant decline in popularity of jogging ,aerobics and bicycling 3,4 and 7 % respectively. a small increased trend was seen in camping and soccer in 10 years period.
in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.
- Successful sports professional can earn a great deal more money than people in other importantprofessions. some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair. Discuss both and give your own opinion.
- task 1 cambridge 9 paper 3
- Writing Task 2You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Some people think that it is important to use leisure time for activities that improve the mind, such as reading and doing word puzzles. Other people feel that it
- People in all modern societies use drugs, but today's youth are experimenting with both legal and illegal drugs, and at an increasingly early age. Some sociologists claim that parents and other members of society often set a bad example.Discuss the causes
- In many countries today, people in cities either live alone or in small family units, rather than in large, extended family groups. Is this a positive or negative trend?
- immigration pros and cons
- writing task 1 from test 4, cambridge 7
- As computers are being used more and more in education, there will be soon no role for teachers in the classroom.
- Some people think that travel helps gaining knowledge, but others think that TV and internet play an important role in gaining knowledge. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
- Many people choose to learn practical subjects therefore theoretical subjects will be no longer be taught in universities. Do you agree or disagree?.