You are heretask.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

task.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 22 May 2013

task.

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

these two pie charts taken from a survey showing trend changes for leisure activities in America in 1999 and 2009. It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.

in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 % followed by soccer which was17 %.aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13% and 12% respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5%. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use. (7, 8 and 9 %).

on the other hand after 10 years swimming was doubled for its popularity. walking was still liked the most accounting for 31%. a big change noted was that no one was using yoga anymore rater weightlifting made its space instead ,10%. there was a significant decline in popularity of jogging ,aerobics and bicycling 3,4 and 7 % respectively. a small increased trend was seen in camping and soccer in 10 years period.

in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? gireesha sharma sticky icon
Popular events like the Football World Cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tension and releasing patriotic emotions in a safe way. dido272000 sticky icon
Some people say that for a hobby to be enjoyable it should be difficult to a degree. Do you agree or disagree? Omar Sheta
General Writing Task - 1Last month you had a holiday overseas where you stayed with some friends. They have just sent you some photos of your holiday.Write a letter to your friend. In your Letter -> Thank them for the photos and for the holiday-> Explain banditdj
Boys' and girls cultural and leisure activities shirin
The pie charts below show units of electricity production by fuel source in Australia and France in 1980 and 2000. Talitha
People who have original ideas are of much greater value to society than those who are simply able to copy the ideas of others well.To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Rahi
With the pressure on today's people to succeed academically, some people believe that non-academic subjects at school (e.g.: physical education and cookery should be removed from the syllabus so that children can wholly concentrate on academic subjects. T aisha.oab sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be a good member of society. Others, however believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both the views and give your own opinion. nader sticky icon
Task 1 writing. Sabee

Write complaint letter to the airline manager regarding the behavior of one of staff members on your flight. In your letter- Give full details of your flight.- Say what the problem with the staff member was.- What would you like the manager to do regardin marzieh IELTS
Argumentative Essay: Advantages and Disadvantages of Using the Internet alfitrah8.5 IELTS
Some people think women should be allowed to join the army, the navy and the air force just like men. To what extent do you agree or disagree? eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh IELTS
Nowadays companies and other organisations are requiring their employees to wear a uniform. Think about jobs where uniform is important. What are the advantages and disadvantages of wearing a uniform? Justin sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
It is generally believed that some people are born with certain talents, for instance for sport or music, and others are not. However, It is sometimes claimed that any child can be taught to become a good sports person or musician.Discuss both these views ridaakzar IELTS
causes of the road accidents and solutions. Sabee IELTS
Climate change is now an accepted threat of our planet, but there is not enough political actions to control excessive consumerism and pollution.Do you agree or disagree? What measure can be taken to help the process? dnaserbakht IELTS
Whoever controls the media also controls opinions and attitudes of the people and there is little can be done to rectify this. SammyG IELTS
Some say that it would be better if the majority of employees worked from home instead of travelling to a workplace every day.Do you think the advantages of working from home outweigh the disadvantages? fialka IELTS

Topic: Some people believe that visitors to other countries should follow local customs and behavior. Other disagree and think that the host country should welcome cultural differences.Discuss both views and give your own opinion.( Sample_answer_salmon) lambda sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Many people believe that the main aim for university education is to help graduates to find better job, while some people believe that university education has wider benefit individual and society. discuss both views and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.Write about the following topic:Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
In most countries multinational companies and their products are becoming more and more important.This trend is seriously damaging our quality of life. eddysuaib IELTS Writing Task II
Do the dangers derived from the use of chemicals in food production and preservation outweigh the advantages? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own experience or knowladge. drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II
Some people believe that there should be fixed punishments for each type of crime. Others, however, argue that the circumstances of an individual crime, and the motivation for committing it, should always be taken into account when deciding on the punishm lrana32 IELTS Writing Task II
Increasing the price of petrol is the best way to solve growing traffic and pollution problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree? What other measures do you think might be effective? divyaece0903@gm... IELTS Writing Task II
Popular event like the World cup and other international sporting occasions are essential in easing international tensions and releasing patriotic emotion in a safe way. To what extend do you agree or disagree with this opinion. Donquixote_92 IELTS Writing Task II
Nowadays most parents put a lot of pressure on their children to succeed. What are the reasons for parents to do this? Does it have a positive or a negative effect on children in general? drjowelynt IELTS Writing Task II

The two maps below show an island, before and after construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selectiong and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
The graph below shows the changes in food consumption by Chinese people between 1985 and 2010.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. drjowelynt sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
General Training Task 1Your assignment was due last week. Write a letter to your teacher saying that you did not complete it on time. In your letter saywhat the subject waswhy you didn't complete itwhen will you complete it. Buweni sticky icon IELTS Writing Task I
Some suggest that young people should take a job for a few years between school and university.Discuss what the advantages and disadvantages might be for people who do this.Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowl HoneyUK sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think that professional athletes make good role models for young people, while others believe they don’t.Discuss both these points of views and give your own opinion.Write at least 250 words. eddysuaib sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II
Some people think secondary students should study international news as a school subject, but others suggest that it is a waste of students' valuable school time. Discuss both and give your opinion. Hao sticky icon IELTS Writing Task II

Sentence: It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.
Error: obvvious Suggestion: obvious

Sentence: in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 followed by soccer which was17 .aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13 and 12 respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use.
Error: populer Suggestion: popular

Sentence: in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.
Error: actvity Suggestion: activity

Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.

Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.