You are heretask.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

task.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 22 May 2013

task.

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

these two pie charts taken from a survey showing trend changes for leisure activities in America in 1999 and 2009. It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.

in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 % followed by soccer which was17 %.aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13% and 12% respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5%. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use. (7, 8 and 9 %).

on the other hand after 10 years swimming was doubled for its popularity. walking was still liked the most accounting for 31%. a big change noted was that no one was using yoga anymore rater weightlifting made its space instead ,10%. there was a significant decline in popularity of jogging ,aerobics and bicycling 3,4 and 7 % respectively. a small increased trend was seen in camping and soccer in 10 years period.

in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.

Water is a natural resource that should always be free. Governments should ban the sale of bottled water.To what extent do you agree or disagree? Zarna Patel
Should the same laws which prohibit the sale and consumption of heroin be applied to tobacco? Farkhad
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. rahmiedriyanti
The graph below shows the unemployment rates in the US and Japan between March 1993 and March 1999. Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. maryam2900
People attend college or university for many different reasons (for example, new experiences, career preparation, increased knowledge). Why do you think people attend college or university? maryam2900
The graph below shows the cinema attendance of people on different days of the week in 2003, 2005 and 2007 fialka sticky icon
Some people claim that internet-based social networking has more negative effects than positive effects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view? rendrasyah
Learning about the past has no value for those of us living in the present. Do you agree or disagree? Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. AryaPengaringan
IELTS essay: moving for a new life or stay at one place natasha
Some people feel that certain workers like nurses, doctors and teachers are undervalued and should be more, especially when other people like film actors or company bosses are paid huge sums of money that are out of proportion to the importance of the wor Dilbar sticky icon

Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? shi24 sticky icon
Some people believe that success in life depends on hard work and determination, while others believe that other factors like money and personal appearance are important. Discuss both views and give your opinion. Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The chart below shows the total number of minutes of telephone calls in the UK, divided into three categories, from 1995-2002. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think the environmental protection can only be addressed at international level. Do you agree or disagree? white_eagle@live.cn
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
What are the advantages and disadvantages for children of watching television? Discuss both sides. uzboy
Recycling is a pointless activity, it is fraught with inefficiency. Governments need to develop policies to tackle waste and other issues at source. Farkhad
People nowadays live longer than they used to. What caused this situation? Is it a negative or positive development? Justin sticky icon
Many people think that money brings hapiness,others think that having too much money is a probelem.discuss both views and give your own opinion? gurtej sidhu
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
The charts below give information on the ages of the populations of Yemen and Italy in 2000 and projections for 2050Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant Shokh sticky icon
Media portrays young people as lazy and disrespectful.Do u think this true?Are young people today worse than their parents or does ,every new generation get criticized by older people? awais sticky icon
International community must act immediately to ensure all nations to reduce their consumption of fossil fuels e.g gas and oil. To what extent do you agree or disagree Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people think saving money is good, but others think that spending money is a better way to enjoy life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. gainer04 sticky icon
The graph and table give information about water use worldwide and water consumption in two different countries.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. luckysun sticky icon

Sentence: It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.
Error: obvvious Suggestion: obvious

Sentence: in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 followed by soccer which was17 .aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13 and 12 respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use.
Error: populer Suggestion: popular

Sentence: in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.
Error: actvity Suggestion: activity

Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.

Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.