You are heretask.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

task.The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

drsaminayasmin's picture

By drsaminayasmin - Posted on 22 May 2013

task.

The following pie charts show the results of a survey into the most popular leisure activities in the United States of America in 1999 and 2009.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

these two pie charts taken from a survey showing trend changes for leisure activities in America in 1999 and 2009. It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.

in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 % followed by soccer which was17 %.aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13% and 12% respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5%. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use. (7, 8 and 9 %).

on the other hand after 10 years swimming was doubled for its popularity. walking was still liked the most accounting for 31%. a big change noted was that no one was using yoga anymore rater weightlifting made its space instead ,10%. there was a significant decline in popularity of jogging ,aerobics and bicycling 3,4 and 7 % respectively. a small increased trend was seen in camping and soccer in 10 years period.

in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.

Universities should be concerned with educating people so that they will have wide general knowledge and be able to consider important matters from an informed viewpoint ,and not simply train students to do the jobs required by society.Give reasons for yo Zarna Patel
Sample IELTS speaking: hometown essayking
Some people think it is better to educate boys and girls in separate school, others, however, believe that boys and girls benefit more from attending mixed schools. Discuss both these views and give your opinion. nikita sticky icon
Successful sports professionals can earn a great deal more money than people in other important professions. Some people think this is fully justified while others think it is unfair.Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Yves
The two maps below show an island, before and after the construction of some tourist facilities.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. Sari Ramadhani Putri
Some people think that museums should be enjoyable place to entertain, while others believe that the purpose of museums is to educate. Discuss both views and give your own opinion. kama_141
The diagrams below show how chocolate is made and how the price of a chocolate bar is divided up among those involved in the process. Mita Puspasari
The position of women in society has changed markedly in the last twenty years. Many of the problems young people now experience, such as juvenile delinquency, arise from the fact that many married women now work and are not at home to care for their chil Hera Bugis Indina
Happiness considered very important in life.Why it is difficult to define ? What factors are important in achieving happiness? Tural sticky icon
The government should control the amount of violence in films and on television in order to reduce violent crimes in society. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this view? leilei sticky icon

Should arts-related entertainment venues such as museums and art galleries be free of charge for the general public, or should a charge apply for admittance? kohbarfi
The pie graphs below show the results of a survey of children's activities. The first graph shows the cultural and leisure activities that boys participate in, whereas the second graph shows the activities in which girls participate. eddysuaib
The gap between the rich and the poor is becoming wider, the rich more richer, the poor even more poorer. What problems can the situation cause and give solutions? Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of having a car. marzieh
Nowadays an increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life. Is this a positive or a negative development? Justin sticky icon
Economic progress is one factor that is being considered to measure the success of a country,but there are other factors that should be considered when measuring the success of a country. Do you agree or disagree? What other factors do you think should be Justin sticky icon
Some people believe that technological tools such as body scanner and CCTV have significantly enhanced our safety and security, while others feel that they have resulted In a loss of privacy.Do the benefits of these items outweigh their disadvantages? Justin sticky icon
some people think that strict punishments for driving offences are the key to reducing traffic accidents.others,however,believe that other measures would be more effective in improving road safety. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion gincysusan
Some Experts Believe that it is better for children to begin learning a foreign language at Primary School rather than Secondary School septi
The table and the bar chart below give information about traveling to work in Houston, Texas.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. eddysuaib

These days, in many countries fewer and fewer people want to become teachers, particularly in secondary schools. What are the reasons for this, and how could the problem be solved? uzboy sticky icon
An increasing number of people change their career and place of residence several times during their life time. Is this a positive or negative development. Lê Kim Kiều Anh sticky icon
Some people agree that teachers should be strict with their students; others believe that teachers with friendly approach will achieve better results. Discuss and give your opinion. Justin sticky icon
Under British and Australian laws a jury in a criminal case has no access to information about the defendant's past criminal record. This protects the person who is being accused of the crime.Some lawyers have suggested that this practice should be change Shokh sticky icon
Nowadays the way people many interact with each other have changed because of technology. In what ways has technology affected the types of relationships people make? Has this become a positive and negative development? satyakrishna23 sticky icon
Some people say that the best way to improve public health is by increasing the number of sports faculties. Others, However say that this would have little effect on public health and that other measures are required. kya
Many young people change their jobs and careers. What are the reasons for this? Do the advantages outweigh the disadvantages? Lê Kim Kiều Anh
The charts below give information about USA marriage and divorce rates between 1997 and 2000, and the marital status of adult Americans in two of the years.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where luckysun
The chart below shows information about changes in average house prices in five cities between 1990 to 2002 compared with 1989. Lê Kim Kiều Anh

Write a letter to a manager of the taxi company to complain about the problem with the taxi service used by you.• When and where you used the taxi• Describe a problem you have faced• What do you expect the manager to do? swapnay sticky icon
"Prevention is better than cure."Out of country's health budget, a large proportion should be diverted from treatment to spending on health education and preventive measures. carmela6 sticky icon
Do you thin business should hire employees who will spend thier entire lives working for the company? Explain why you agree or disagree. the beauty of E... sticky icon
The graph below gives information from a 2008 report about consumption of energy in the USA since 1980 with projections until 2030.Summarize the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant. shi24 sticky icon
The table below shows the consumer durables( telephone,refrigerator, etc,) owned in Britain from 1972 to 1983.Write a report for a university lecturer describing the information shown below. carmela6 sticky icon
Some people think that parents should teach children how to be good members of society. Others, however, believe that school is the place to learn this? Discuss both these views and give your opinion? satyakrishna23 sticky icon

Sentence: It is obvvious from these are carts that walking was most appreciated in both era while jogging was getting less popularity.
Error: obvvious Suggestion: obvious

Sentence: in 1999 walking was most populer accounting for 29 followed by soccer which was17 .aerobic and cycling were almost equally populer i.e 13 and 12 respectively. yoga was least practiced activity which was 5. jogging, swimming and camping were almost same category for their use.
Error: populer Suggestion: popular

Sentence: in conclusion for good health these leisure activities are crucial .walking is always comfortable and inexpensive actvity.
Error: actvity Suggestion: activity

Put a space after punctuation marks. E-rater is sensitive.

Always capitalize the first letter of a sentence.