You are hereIn today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents' absence.

In today's competitive world, many families find it necessary for both parents to go out to work. While some say the children in these families benefit from the additional income, others feel they lack support because of their parents' absence.

dawnsagar's picture

By dawnsagar - Posted on 01 April 2013

It remains undeniable that both parents, in recent times, work harder to generate extra money and have less time for their children. It’s long been argued that whether such a trend is good for their children or not. I partly believe that lack of parental support is not good for children’s overall growth; however the other side is equally considerable.

To begin with, in today’s world, people are working harder to sustain and as a result, they tend to be more productive and earn good money. This is vital for the growth of their children because the parents can afford their children to go to reputed school. Private schools, for instance, is established to provide quality education but at the same time it requires a high tuition fee. Not just education but also other important sectors like skill trainings, recreational activities, games, music and many more require a good source of income.

This trend, on the other hand, seems to disadvantage children. As we know parents are the first teacher of their children. From basic learnings to overall supports are provided by parents and lack of these will vastly affect the children’s phycological and physical growth. Bad mannered children, for instance, lack parental support. In addition, parents’ absence could result in more serious consequences like children addiction towards drugs and alcohol or sometimes engage in criminal activities.

In conclusion, I somewhat think that parents’ play an important role in overall growth of their children because they are their first teacher and only source of support. Although, parents’ are forced to work long hours to generate some income, they can manage some time to look after their children and provide an appropriate guidance.