You should spend about 40 minutes on this task Write about the following topic Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures This money should be spent instead on health education

You should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
Write about the following topic:

Most developed countries spend a large proportion of their health budgets on expensive medical technology and procedures. This money should be spent instead on health education to keep people well. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.
You should write at least 250 words.

It is a well known fact that health status of inhabitants must always be the governments’ paramount consideration. Therefore many industrialized countries tend to spend a grate deal of money on expensive medical technology and procedures. However, some people criticize the above trend and emphasize the importance of directing such money to raise public awareness about healthy lifestyle. In my opinion, this is not a prudent approach to keep people well. There should be adequate amount of resources to improve treatment procedures as well as preventive measures.

Firstly, it is incredibly important to develop new medical technologies and procedures to treat some inevitable diseases such as genetic disorders. These medical conditions can not be prevented by only enhancing public health education. If these kinds of diseases are to be treated effectively, advanced diagnostic methods and extensive research activities should be conducted properly. Thus, government should not reduce their budgetary allocations on medical technology and procedures.

Moreover, there has been a substantial growth in the elderly population over the past few decades and these people are vulnerable to suffer from a number of aged related diseases, which can not be prevented by only raising heath education. Furthermore, new diseases are immerging at an alarming rate and without having well established diagnostic and treatment procedures it is impossible to control such conditions in an efficient manner. Thus, governments should spend sufficient amount of money to develop more efficient treatments protocols and medicines, and train doctors and nurses to treat these diseases.

However, it is also significant to improve raise the level of health education in people to prevent a number of medical disorder especially which are associated with modern lifestyle. Besides it is a well known fact that prevention is always better than curing. Therefore governments should spend considerable amount of money to improve preventive measures as well.

In conclusion, it is an indispensable to provide adequate amount of resources by governments to develop new techniques and procedures in the medical sector. Because there are a number of diseases which are inevitable and require advanced medical attention.