The chart shows estimated world literacy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000

The chart shows estimated world literacy rates by region and by gender for the year 2000.

The bar chart illustrates the proportions of male and female who have an ability to read and write in five areas, namely developed countries, Latin America/Caribbean, East Asia/Oceania, Sub-Saharan Africa, Arab States and South Asia in 2000.

It is clear that the South Asia had the largest number of illiterate person for male and female were 32 percent and 55 percent, and developed countries had the smallest both male and female were approximately equal to zero. The percentage of male in the Arab states and the sub-Saharan Africa both had approximately 30 percent while more female wh...

the South Asia had the largest number of illiterate person for male and female were 32 percent and 55 percent,
the South Asia had the largest number of illiterate person for male and female which were 32 percent and 55 percent,

and developed countries had the smallest both male and female were approximately equal to zero
Description: two verbs in one sentence. can you re-write this sentence?

Sentence: While, in Latin America/Caribbean and East Asia/Oceania had more illiterate females than males, but lower than another areas ,except developed countries.
Description: A determiner/pronoun, singular is not usually followed by a noun, plural, common
Suggestion: Refer to another and areas

The essay is not exactly right on bar chart. It is for 'illiteracy rate' not for 'literacy rate'