The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevan

The diagrams below show the stages and equipment used in the cement-making process, and how cement is used to produce concrete for building purposes.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.

The pictures describe the processes for the production of cement and concrete, which is a mixture of the former and other materials.

To begin with, cement productions starts from two raw materials, namely limestone and clay. These are crushed together, becoming powder. Then a mixer ensure that they are well combined. After that, the powder is carried into a rotating heater through a pipe. Here, the powder reaches high temperatures, and thus it becomes molten. Then the molten powder is passed through a grinder, obtaining cement ready for being put into bags.

On the other hand, concrete production in much simpler and faster. In fact, there are only two steps: putting the materials into the mixer and making it working. The mixture is made up of four different materials in different proportions. Cement and water have low percentages, with 15 and 10% respectively. Half of the mixture is composed of gravel, i.e. small stones, while the remaining quarter is sand. Once the materials are put together into the mixer, the rotation of this and action of water create concrete.

To sum up, concrete is a simple combination of four materials; one of those is cement, which derives from a longer process.

The pictures describe the processes for the production of cement and concrete which is a mixture of the former and other materials.

Then a mixer ensure that
Then a mixer ensures that

concrete production in much simpler and faster
concrete production is much simpler and faster