The tables below give information about sales of Fairtrade labelled coffee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in five European countries

The tables below give information about sales of Fairtrade*-labelled coffee and bananas in 1999 and 2004 in five European countries.

The tables compare the sales of coffee and banana labelled fairtrade-product in UK,Switzerland,Denmark,Belgium and Sweden between 1999 and 2004. Units are measured in millions of euros.

In terms of coffee, it is noticeable that switzerland consumes the most fairtrade-labelled coffee in 1999, with 3 millions, flowed by
Denmark(1.8 millions) and UK(1.5 millions). However, in 2004, UK shows a dramatic increase in coffee consumption, which rises to 20 millions . Meanwhile, switzerland only doubles the sales,only reach 6 millions after 5 years. among 5 countries,Sweden has the least sales of fairtrade-labelled coffee, slightly increases from 0.8 millions(199)to 1 millions(2004).

When it comes to banana sales, switzerland demonstrates the strongest purchasing power, the sales of banana is 15 in 1999 and 47 in 2004, both far beyond that of the other countries. Belgium ranked the last one among five countries with merely 0.6 millions, however, the sales grows to 4 millions in 2004. Conversely, Denmark has 2 millions banana sales in 1999, and it drops to 0.9 in 2004.