You are applying for a job and need a letter of reference Write a letter to a former teacher In your letter give details of the job explain why it is important to you suggest that information your teacher could put in the reference

You are applying for a job and need a letter of reference. Write a letter to a former teacher. In your letter, give details of the job, explain why it is important to you, suggest that information your teacher could put in the reference.

Dear Alister,

I am writing this to request you to provide the letter of reference for my job application that I intend to submit next week.

A week ago, I had seen an advertisement for the position ‘Research Assistant’ at the School of Engineering, Electronics in the University of Oxford’s job portal. The requirements for this job advert exactly match with my skills that I earned under your guidance at the University of Edinburgh, Scotland. In particular, I believe that the research project thesis which I had done during my Master’s degree under your supervision would be very beneficial to pursue this job effectively. Besides, this position will enhance and shape my career in the right path in the long run in the field of Electronics.

Hence, I kindly request you to provide an efficient reference letter that will make my job application stand apart from other candidates. Owing to this, I would request you to mention my achievements, grades, and skill sets in your reference, as this will be the value added details and play a pivotal role while short listing the candidates for this position.

Yours sincerely,
Krrish