You looked after your friend’s house while he was away on holidays? During the period you have damaged something in his house. Write to him and say- Explain what it happened What is the estimated cost of repairs? What are you going to do about it?

You looked after your friend’s house while he was away on holidays? During the period you have damaged something in his house. Write to him and say-
Explain what it happened
What is the estimated cost of repairs? What are you going to do about it?

Dear Mr. Ram,

Hope you are enjoying the vacations. I have to inform you with a deep regret that I have done a mistake while living in your habitation. Allow me to elaborate this matter.

As you know, I am fond of playing games with buddies during my leisure time. Yesterday, I was playing cricket with one of my fast friend in the front of the house but unfortunately, when I played a short then the ball hit the glass of living room’s window. At that time, I was shocked and saw the glass has been broken into several pieces. Inclusively, the replacement cost of glass is around seventy dollars.

However, do not worry about this matter; I will exchange that glass before you reach at home. I will pay all the repair expenses because it was happened due to my negligence.

Hope you understand my situation and apologize me for this fault.

With lots of love,
Sam

one of my fast friend
one of my fast friends

before you reach at home
before you reach home