The pie charts below show the percentage of housing owned and rented in the UK in 1991 and 2007 Summarize the information by describing the main features of the charts and making comparisons where appropriate Write at least 150 words

The data source provides information on the ratio of homes, which were owned and leased in the UK during two different time periods, in 1991 and 2007.

Overall, it is evident that the percentage of houses has slightly increased by six million from 1991 to 2007.

Looking at the pie charts in more detail it becomes clear that the percentage of houses owned by people in England has demonstrated a strong upward trend. In particular, in 2007 almost 70 percent of 27 million homes in England owned and not rented.

In contrast, the percentage of social renting has dropped from 1991 dramatically to nearly 15 percent in 2007. Similarly, the number of houses owned by social institutions has decreased significantly to 5 percent approximately by the end of the same year.

Finally, the number of homes rented by individuals has remained relatively unchanged, close to 18 percent during both years.

Essays by the user: